PDA

View Full Version : Errors and Problems! Computer Keeps Crashing! Please Help!

Stormraath
28-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Okay, So I got a computer a few months ago, I've had this reoccurring problem with it. I've ran Memtest and passed, Re-Installed My OS several times but it continues to happen.

I keep receiving the following errors:
IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I think It might be my RAM, I checked for any cracks or chips in it, I clean the dust out of my computer, and made sure it was snug.

When I was installing the latest OS on my computer I kept getting blue screen Errors such as those stated above, and When I took a stick out and successfully installed the OS.

Current Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 4600+
2GB(of 4) of RAM (2 were taken out and it has stabled my computer enough to use it for simple tasks)
Windows XP Pro SP3
NVIDA M2N32 SLI-Deluxe motherboard
NVIDA GeForce 7950GT

Thanks, Stormraath

pctek
28-07-2010, 07:34 PM
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
This behavior occurs because a driver damaged the input/output (I/O) driver structures.

If you receive this error message randomly, or when you try to start a program, this behavior may occur if you have bad RAM.

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Most of the time this is a driver error but can be bad RAM too.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
This Stop message occurs when requested data is not found in memory.
Faulty hardware, a buggy system service, and a corrupted NTFS volume can all generate this type of error.

So test ram again - as you have tried memtest - try Microsofts RAM Diagnostic this time - its a lot quicker too.

And update your drivers - graphics and all motherboard drivers - from the manufacturers website - not some generic driver update.

Stormraath
28-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Okay, I tested RAM with Microsoft's RAM diagnostic, and It passed,
and the first thing I usually do is get the manufacturer's drivers so those are good.

What's next? :P

Snorkbox
28-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Done this yet like latest?

And update your drivers - graphics and all motherboard drivers - from the manufacturers website - not some generic driver update.

Also has your hard drive been checked for bad sectors?

Agent_24
29-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Symptoms seem to point to a memory problem, strange though that the memory checks don't show anything.

But then, my laptop had RAM issues, proven when it worked fine upon the memory being replaced.
It never once had a single error on Memtest, but it would bluescreen like they were going out of fashion.

Do you have any other RAM you can try, do you have the latest BIOS for your board?

Stormraath
29-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah, everything is the newest I could possibly find.

I ran Chkdsk there was an error the first time, but the next time I ran it it seemed to be fine.

I'll play around with my RAM, and I'll look into the BIOS update if any, but I'm pretty sure I've got the latest for that too.

I also get another error:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I wrote down what appeared to be the failed driver:
USBPORT.SYS

pctek
29-07-2010, 09:13 AM
So if you're sure about the RAM, and I would swap it out and see - and the drivers - that leaves the motherboard.

Stormraath
30-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Okay, I played with my RAM, nothing's different. I'm not sure what it could be, maybe if I update my BIOS something will change.

On the manufacturer site would I download the version that says beta, or the version that isn't?

Agent_24
30-07-2010, 11:43 PM
I would try the latest normal release, if that doesn't help, then try the beta.

But I have run several beta BIOS in the past without issues.

mikebartnz
30-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Okay, I played with my RAM, nothing's different. I'm not sure what it could be, maybe if I update my BIOS something will change.

On the manufacturer site would I download the version that says beta, or the version that isn't?
With a bios update I would stick with the one that was out of beta.

Stormraath
31-07-2010, 04:05 AM
Alright got the latest download, now for my next issue...
I've tried Googling it but I can't find anything that tells me how to flash my BIOS. I don't have a floppy drive, So I'll have to use a Flash Drive.

mikebartnz
31-07-2010, 01:58 PM
The bios site should have instruction somewhere

Agent_24
03-08-2010, 06:45 PM
You can flash with a Windows flasher which is easiest but not recommended because often windows just happens to crash at the same time and as a result your BIOS gets screwed.

Especially not suggested if you are getting random BSOD all the time

The model "M2N32 SLI-Deluxe" seems to suggest your board is made by Asus (Nvidia don't make boards) as such your board probably supports Asus Ez-Flash.

At the POST screen, you can press Alt+F2 to load Ez-Flash. Then you just need to insert a floppy\USB etc with the new BIOS image on and tell it to update from that file.