PDA

View Full Version : ViewSonic, A-one service

wainuitech
28-07-2010, 03:37 PM
View Sonic have always had damn good warranties and good service.

Hows this for customer relations -- Customer just rang up, a View Sonic LCD I sold just over three years ago, suddenly developed a power fault.

Even though the LCD is out of warranty, viewsonic are fixing it under the warranty still.

The original Warranty is 3 years. Many places would have said tough luck.

Sure under the CGA 3 years may not be that long, but lots of the bigger name brands would have argued its out of warranty --Tough.

Viewsonic Number ONE :thanks

Snorkbox
28-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Sounds good to me. I just had a Philips monitor die but it was five years old. I just bit the bullet and replaced it.

I have plans on pulling it apart sooner or later just to see what is inside.

wratterus
28-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Good on them, I have always quite liked VS, recently their pricing has not been as sharp as the likes of LG, but we haven't been using LG for long enough to tell what their warranty (or out of warranty) support is really like.

johcar
28-07-2010, 04:04 PM
That's always been my experience with Viewsonic. Won't buy (or recommend) anything else now....

pctek
28-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Lucky 90% of my monitor sales were Viewsonic too then huh.

Actually I always had good service from them, the one I did actually did have to RMA.

CYaBro
28-07-2010, 06:45 PM
The only thing I don't like about VS is that the repairer is now MonitorTech in Christchurch.
So from up here in Whangarei a monitor can be gone for a week or more because about 4 days of that are for transport.
Luckily I've only had to send two back to them so far as VS do make good monitors :thumbs:

Agent_24
28-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Sounds good to me. I just had a Philips monitor die but it was five years old. I just bit the bullet and replaced it.

I have plans on pulling it apart sooner or later just to see what is inside.

LCD?

bk T
28-07-2010, 10:18 PM
VS monitors are really good. My 17" VA702 is till in tip-top condition (can't even remember how old is it now)!

I don't understand why most retailers don't stock VS monitors nowadays. LG and Samsung are flooding the retails shops. Never like the Korean stuff - they only look good, externally. You need to be a genius to be able to figure out how to adjust the LG monitors settings!

mikebartnz
28-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Glad to hear that as have just bought one for my brothers birthday.

radium
28-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Good to hear, Yip most companys would have tried and bailed out.

robbyp
29-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Just a pity they aren't the best looking of monitors, design wise. I have found philips pretty good when it comes to sortinbg our warrenty issues. Just purchased a Asus LED backlit one with a 3 year warrenty, it's very nice.

Greven
29-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Almost every dead LCD I have seen has been a capacitor issue.

Viewsonic are great, but I wish their models with built-in speakers had half decent speakers. Even the cheap AOC monitors have speakers good enough to listen to music at a normal volume.