PDA

View Full Version : Beware Ashampoo!!

stuffed
26-07-2010, 04:24 PM
I see PC World is still promoting Ashampoo software in its August DVD. Well in my experience that outfit is nothing but a @#$% nuisance. About 6 months ago tried one of their products think it was a disk burning one it froze the computer.
Even worse was that had to sign up with them and despite repeated attempts cannot now get rid of their spam emails.
So just a warning from my experience!

Speedy Gonzales
26-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Sounds like their firewall. Didnt know they had one. On another forum I go to that was causing the computer to crash.

Things I avoid:

Nero
Norton / Symantec
Daemontools
Nvidia Firewall
Different versions of Nvidia drivers

To name a few. All of these can screw a system up / make it crash

wainuitech
26-07-2010, 05:09 PM
I Use Ashampoo writing software all the time, even on customers PC's - the biggest problem people have is not knowing how to use it.

The only time I get lots of mails from them is If I forget to untick the boxes requesting it when installing. If you dont want the mails, then block them.

On average I may get a promotion mail once or twice a month.

As for lock ups -- usually caused by trying to use other programs at the same time, the PC not really powerful enough, and/or trying to burn to fast.

Nero is one hell of a lot worse for lockups and more of a system hog :yuck:

icow
26-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Ashampoo software is normally great to use, I don't get their emails very often and when I do it goes straight to my spam anyway. Are you sure that it was off the PC World disk? 'cause it might of had a virus or something.

BTW I can't think of any "foul language" that fits into that sentence and makes sense (100%) that is 4 characters long ;)

kahawai chaser
26-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Also probably helps to perform a general clean up and defrag if you intend to do a series of burns consecutively.

Morgenmuffel
26-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Never had a prob with the Ashampoo stuff, infact SWMBOs laptop has ashampoo office on it, best little office program I have used, it does everthing she needs and it is snappy on an elderly laptop

autechre
27-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Can't say i've ever had a problem with Daemon Tools, i find them very useful.

But I did try Ashampoo CD/DVD burner once & it was pretty average. ImgBurn is far superior :D

Agent_24
27-07-2010, 11:14 AM
ImgBurn is one of the best