PDA

View Full Version : ubergroup wireless

BigBadBob
25-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Has anybody had any experiences with the ubergroup wireless isp from Whangarei. They are supposed to be expanding their services to the Far North with a 'Ultrafast 3Mbit/sec Broadband' but their own website doesn't appear to have been updated since Nov 09 for more info. Just wondering if they are a viable wireless option...

pctek
25-07-2010, 06:00 PM
their own website doesn't appear to have been updated since Nov 09 for more info. Just wondering if they are a viable wireless option...

Answered your own question, I'd say.

BigBadBob
26-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Answered your own question, I'd say.
Possibly, but I still wouldn't mind hearing from someone that has had some experience with them.

Chilling_Silence
26-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Is it for general home use? I wouldn't call 3m/bit Ultrafast, but still more than sufficient for the vast majority of home use :)

Snorkbox
26-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Possibly, but I still wouldn't mind hearing from someone that has had some experience with them.

It would seem that as you have had no replies from actual users of this service to date among PressF1 members that not many here use same. Perhaps there is a good reason for this.

BigBadBob
26-07-2010, 05:49 PM
It would seem that as you have had no replies from actual users of this service to date among PressF1 members that not many here use same. Perhaps there is a good reason for this.
Yep, looks like that could be so. They have supposed to have been around since 2005. I haven't heard of them before and I have been involved with computers since waaay before then. I know there are quite a few Northland folk on here so was just looking for reviews & experience that I could maybe pass on (or not) to clients.

stevo512
26-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Hi guys
Keep your eye open for the new site, will be finneshed tonight ready for the kaitia launch tomorow.

yes uber will be launching there service in kaitia and most of the far north on the 27th along with the team at folders eletronics, so if you have any questions come down and see the guys!

also plans go upto 10mbit up and down... thats UltraFAST, and ping times under 20ms, YIKES! and there is even make your own plans and speeds.

Cheers
Steven

Snorkbox
26-07-2010, 09:38 PM
That post would not encourage me to sign up in any shape or manner.

Chilling_Silence
26-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi Steven,

Glad you could make it to PressF1 :) Hope you stick around a bit!

Cheers

Chill.

BigBadBob
27-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Hi guys
Keep your eye open for the new site, will be finneshed tonight ready for the kaitia launch tomorow.

yes uber will be launching there service in kaitia and most of the far north on the 27th along with the team at folders eletronics, so if you have any questions come down and see the guys!

also plans go upto 10mbit up and down... thats UltraFAST, and ping times under 20ms, YIKES! and there is even make your own plans and speeds.

Cheers
Steven
Will be interesting to see prices, true speeds, real coverage etc. Supprised to see uber affiliated with a company with their rep tho. i.e.

http://www.pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=108488

Paul Ramon
27-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Will be interesting to see prices, true speeds, real coverage etc. Supprised to see uber affiliated with a company with their rep tho. i.e.

http://www.pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=108488

Very true ..not much confidence in this area. I would get at least one re-do a week from their ex-customers.

fnphoto
27-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Very true ..not much confidence in this area. I would get at least one re-do a week from their ex-customers.

Ditto to the redoes. But it will be good for farmers in remote areas etc to finally be able to get better speeds. The far north has been waiting quite a while for total BB coverage. Just hope they remember the word SERVICE.

stevo512
27-07-2010, 11:53 PM
cheers guys, the launch went very well, first lot of installs will happen next week, there will be another q&a night soon with some feed back from the new ubergroup customers,

big bad bob, if you head down to folders you can test it out, its on our 5mbit plan and you can test it as you wish, peak time 5.30pm we got 5.2mbit down 4.89mbit up... 18ms. consumer web site.

coverage up there... we have two sites so far, plans on atleast one more after tonight, if you email me on stevenc@ubergroup.co.nz with your deatils and ill do the check for service

and about that pc job.. my only advice would be to go see ian (owner) at said company... hes a very resonable person, and do agree if it was ONLY the BIOS that got worked on in that 3 hours....... wow.