PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vaio keeps turning off for no reason

ade
25-07-2010, 10:47 AM
My sony Vaio PCG3E2L keeps turning off. I have tried system restore and also resotring it to factory settings and yet it keeps turning off with the taskbar flickering. i have had the laptop for an year and it doesnt seem to be getting hot. please help the problem started as I completed year one. When its on the taskbar keeps flickering as well.
PLEASE HELP... its been happening for over a month.

SP8's
25-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Does this happen when it's on battery or mains power ?? Maybe a loose connection or broken wire in AC power supply unit cables. Check all cables on the AC power unit for signs of damage and if you know someone else with the same unit, try it on yours and see if the same thing happens.

ade
25-07-2010, 10:58 AM
I checked the power and battery too. It happens on both. The wires are fine, checked that as well. Sometimes it works fine and other times it just keeps turning off which is most of the time. i am unable to do anything.

feersumendjinn
25-07-2010, 02:41 PM
it keeps turning off with the taskbar flickering.
Possibly a electromechanical/hardware fault rather than software.
Maybe a short or dry solder joint on the motherboard or keyboard/touchpad problem, would recommend a professional repair (ask Wainuitech); be sure to ask whoever does it to backup your data.

Agent_24
25-07-2010, 02:55 PM
What do you mean by "the taskbar is flickering" ?

feersumendjinn
25-07-2010, 03:38 PM
I assumed he meant it was going from auto-hide to open (like when you mouse-over it)and back; touchpad/mouse prob?

Agent_24
25-07-2010, 04:01 PM
I thought it might be a LCD backlight issue