PDA

View Full Version : xp pro s3 driver needed for Olympic scanner OTC-600 ep (Rebadged Mustek)

justmemum
24-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Installed original software, seemed to load ok but when using scanner window says "scanning page 1" then window pops up saing "load fail". Also has a proplem with a file called "TBMenu.exe", I think it has somthing to do with Textbridge.
Thanks.:confused:

Speedy Gonzales
24-07-2010, 02:03 AM
I think these are the drivers for it. http://www.mustek.com.tw/Download/driv_scanr/english/600iiiep.html. And youre right TBmenu.exe belongs to textbridge. If you install the drivers, disable any firewalls and anti-virus programs first

justmemum
26-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Thanks for your reply Speedy Conzales, I am still trying but seem to get stuck on selecting twain in textbridge. Will keep getting more info and try some more.

Speedy Gonzales
26-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Did you reinstall textbridge if it failed the first time?

justmemum
26-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Yes speedy I uninstaled everything and went into reg to remove files as suggested by mustek on this site and followed the rest of the instructions.
"Home/SoHo Usage Mustek Support
600 III EP Contact Support

2002-08-26 10:32:27.0
Question: During the installation of TextBridge Classic, a series of error messages is displayed stating that the files can't be installed because they are already in use. After restarting, the computer reports "Cannot find TBMenu.exe" or the Scanning Desktop reports "OCR Engine not installed."
Answer: Cause: The file MSVCRT.DLL needs to be present in the C:\Windows\system folder to properly install TextBridge Classic. MSVCRT.DLL is present in the majority of computers with Windows 95, but in those cases where it is not, TextBridge will install the program shortcuts, but not the actual program itself.

Solution: The file MSVCRT.DLL needs to be present in the C:\Windows\system folder to install TextBridge Classic correctly. There are several ways to obtain it:

Download: It can be downloaded from this site. The MSVCRT.DLL is contained in an executable program that will place it into the C:\Windows\system folder. After running this file, reinstall the scanner software.

Copy: Some versions of the Windows 95 CD-ROM have the MSVCRT.DLL file on them, even if it is not installed in the system. To check your CD, follow these steps:

Insert your Windows 95 CD into your CD-ROM drive.
Click the Windows 95 Start button and select Find . . . Files or folders.
In the "Named" box, type MSVCRT.DLL
In the "Look in" box, click the down arrow and choose your CD-ROM drive's letter from the list.
Click "Find Now."
If the file is located, highlight it by clicking on it once and continue with the next step. If it isn't found, you will need to either download it or call our Customer Service Department and ask them to mail it to you.
Click the "Edit" menu and select "Copy." Close the Find window.
Click the Start button and go to Programs. Select the Windows Explorer and start the program.
In the left-hand window of Explorer, scroll down until you see the Windows folder and double-click it to open it.
Locate the subfolder called System under the Windows folder and double-click it.
Click on the "Edit" menu in the Explorer and then click "Paste." The file MSVCRT.DLL will now be copied into the Windows 95 system folder.
Close the Explorer and reinstall your scanner software.

Call: The file is also available from our Customer Service Department on a floppy disk. Call and ask for a TextBridge Installation Patch.

Note: You must set up the computer before re-installing TextBridge. The faulty installation process leaves an erroneous entry in the Registry that must be removed before re-installing the program. To clean the Registry, follow these steps.

Click on Start and select Run. Type in Regedit.
Look for the entry labeled HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Click on the plus sign (+) next to it.
Look for the entry labeled SOFTWARE. Double-click on this word. You will see a list of items appear below SOFTWARE. Make sure the word SOFTWARE is highlighted.
From the pull down menu labeled Edit, choose FIND. Type Xerox into the "Find what" text field. Click the "Find Next" button.
It is possible to find more entries for Xerox then just the one associated with TextBridge. The Xerox folder will appear in the left-hand window and will look like an open manila folder labeled Xerox. Delete the entry that matches this description.

Note: In the case the search function has located Registry entries for items other then TextBridge, we want to make sure we do not delete them as they are usually fonts installed on the computer. They will appear on the right-hand side. When you locate one of these entries hit the F3 key until the folder for Xerox appears on the left-hand side

Press the F3 key, this will search again for an entry for Xerox. Another folder on the left-hand side should appear. Delete this also.
Press the F3 key again. This should complete the search of the Registry.
After loading the patch, TextBridge should now install properly."

When reinstalling textbride it asks for me to select "twain" and I select twain but it keeps asking the same thing without accepting so I go round in circles.

sorry for the long post .Frits

Copyright, 2002, Mustek Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.