PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express - multiple accounts.

martynz
23-07-2010, 04:50 PM
I've got 3 accounts set up but I've forgotten how to toggle between them when sending.
I've looked at HELP but it refers to things I can't even find i.e. FROM below TO and cc on the New Message pane.

Speedy Gonzales
23-07-2010, 04:57 PM
File menu / switch identity?

wratterus
23-07-2010, 05:12 PM
If they are all in the same identity then you select it in the from box, like so (http://images.gfi.com/kbase/fax12_new_message_form.jpg).

martynz
23-07-2010, 07:56 PM
That's the problem, I havn't got a FROM.

wratterus
23-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Are you sure you have multiple accounts set up? Tools - accounts, you should be able to see a few mail accounts.

martynz
23-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Maybe I'm using the wrong terms.
I have 3 email addresses: a@paradise.net.nz, b@paradise.net.nz and c....ditto
a is my default and emails addressed to all 3 arrive in my inbox. But how do I send using the b and c addys? From what I've read there should be a FROM box with all 3 available for selection.

wainuitech
23-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Try removing two of the accounts, restart outlook Express, then add them back in again, one at a time - you should get the "from" option right after the second one is entered and saved.

FoxyMX
23-07-2010, 09:31 PM
I am not sure why you don't have the From option but I noticed that I did not have it either when only one email account was set up in OE. Once I had added another account the From appeared.

It sounds like something is amiss in your settings but I have no idea what, sorry.

martynz
24-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks guys.
Sorted now.
Didn't have ACCOUNTS showing in TOOLS.
Found a Registry hack http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpresstroubles/qt/et_tools_accts.htm
When I followed the instructions I found that "No modify accts value" was entered twice so took a punt and deleted 1 entry. I didn't alter the value from 1 to 0 but this deletion restored ACCOUNTS in TOOLS so I was able to key in the other accounts.
Bingo! FROM is now on the NEW MESSAGE page.