PDA

View Full Version : Radio NZ - FF won't stream any longer

John H
23-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi folks
I tried to get Radio NZ National through my browser yesterday for the first time for a week or two, and it wouldn't connect. Same today.

I have tried FF, IE, and Chrome, and no luck with any of them.

I checked my firewall, and for some reason the site had suddenly become blocked. I have sorted that out, but still no luck.

I have found on another site that video won't stream either. Is anyone else having difficulties with streaming - particularly Radio NZ?

BTW, I have tried this on my laptop as well with the same results. They share a router, so maybe the problem is there?

Thanks for any help. John (WinXP/SP3, FF 3.6.7)

johcar
23-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Same issue here with Chrome

John H
23-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks Johcar. Are you on Telstra Clear/Paradise ADSL by any chance? I wondered if it was being blocked by my ISP?

Terry Porritt
23-07-2010, 11:37 AM
OK here using FF and Orcon ISP, using this link

http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/live/national/adaptive.asx

johcar
23-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Nope, Telecom here - will check when I get home though. There may be blocks on the network here at work...

WalOne
23-07-2010, 11:40 AM
No problems here in Auckland with Orcon and FF 3.6.7.

John H
23-07-2010, 11:50 AM
OK here using FF and Orcon ISP, using this link

http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/live/national/adaptive.asx

Thanks - that is the same link that I am using, and no joy.

Thanks johcar and WalOne. I may have to try the help line at Paradise, and see if there is any joy there. Hah! Pigs might fly.

John H
24-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Well, I am still waiting for a reply from Paradise, other than a formal email acknowledgement of my query. But for some reason Radio NZ is streaming for me today...

pctek
24-07-2010, 04:31 PM
I click that an FF says what program to use? (Wanting to default to VLC which is what I stream BFM with)
Why not just do that?

John H
24-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Sorry pcteck - you lost me there. FF is working fine now. The FF application for the Radio NZ stream is set as Win Media Player, and that is working.

I might try VLC though - I haven't used it before. Thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
24-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Install the WMP Plugin / addon for FF

John H
24-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Yes thanks SG, I installed VLC after receiving pctek's response, so both Win Media Player and VLC work today streaming Radio NZ. I haven't changed anything else here, so either there was a problem in the past few days with Radio NZ, or Paradise was blocking it somehow. Wotever, the thing is now sweet. Thanks all.