PDA

View Full Version : email protection programs

02-09-2001, 07:18 PM
Any information on a successful email protection program would be appreciated, eg withholding my email name. I was given a site privatebase.com but cannot seem to reach it.

02-09-2001, 08:49 PM
Email protection as in protecting yourself from infected attachments coming into your mailbox?? We use Nortons AntiVirus 2001, protects against VB script and can be configured to delete without prompting the infected files and attachments.

02-09-2001, 08:49 PM
Email protection as in protecting yourself from infected attachments coming into your mailbox?? We use Nortons AntiVirus 2001, protects against VB script and can be configured to delete without prompting the infected files and attachments.

02-09-2001, 09:05 PM
Try:
(http://www.privatebase.com/)

02-09-2001, 10:17 PM
Why not just use a better email program (I assume you use Outlook).

Eudora blocks executables from running by default so it isn't a problem.

Which also blocks the VBS scripts which I think you are concerned about.

If you want to disable the VBS scripts completely just remove Windows Scripting Host, if yo can, and they will be harmless. If you can remove it, just rename wscript.exe and cscript.exe to a non EXE extention.

03-09-2001, 06:28 PM
Interesting comments. Changing your email program could help. Installing Norton or similar conventional anti-virus software could help.

But nothing can provide you with 100% guarantee from being infected by a virus. That is when you need PrivateBase.

PrivateBase is the only software that isolates and encrypts your email addresses - thus achieving 2 objectives: (a) saving you from the embarrassment of infecting others (all your friends, customers, colleagues); and (b) preventing the virus from spreading.