PDA

View Full Version : windows media player 7.1

02-09-2001, 12:45 PM
When I tell media player to copy a cd of music onto the hard drive it skips from track to track randomly after recording less then one percent of the track. If I hit the stop play button it settles down and tells me it is recording but when I try to play the recording there is no sound. Media player was working fine until I had a blue screen of death crash. I have run my disaster recovery disc and reinstalled media player three times to no avail. I am running windows me. Please help me.

02-09-2001, 02:24 PM
I dont actually use Media Player but may guess would be its set to play intros of the tracks and is set to random (remember the displayed settings dont always match esp. after a crash) but thats just a guess.

Personally I find CDex (www.cdex.n3.net) much better and it doesn't put the music into the horriable one-way Windows Media format.

03-09-2001, 12:56 PM
I looked at your first suggestion and found no improvement, in fact it is getting worse. So I started using a different player and everything is now going peachy keen.
My only problem now is how can I uninstall Media Player as I don't want it if it's broken?

angelo
05-05-2005, 11:14 PM
to uninstall media player 7.1 from window 98 type this in Run :
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionC:\Windows\INF\wmp.inf ,Uninstall