PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Cache or Files excluded from CCleaner?

kahawai chaser
17-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Anyone know whereabouts is the firefox cache folder? as it's not visible (by the name cache) under:

C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\0mrol9mq.default (Web site tutorials say the cache folder should be present within that directory)

Their are a bunch of sub folders (e.g. extensions, backup bookmarks, etc) but none named cache, yet when I do a search on the PC (XP) it pulls up plenty of Mozilla cache folders and files without extensions.

My goal is to find the cache folder (s) (and ideally certain kids games url), so that I can exclude them from being deleted from ccleaner under options. Ideally create a separate dedicated cache folder. Because I use dial up, hence keeping those game urls (loaded with colours, animations, multiple links, etc) in the cache should supposedly speed up connection to those urls. Or has anyone excluded specific urls from ccleaner? Thanks.

Snorkbox
17-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Open Firefox and type about:cache in the address bar.

You will get the location and you can list the files.

kahawai chaser
18-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Open Firefox and type about:cache in the address bar.

You will get the location and you can list the files.

Thanks... Helped to find in explorer, of which I excluded the local settings folder. Now have to figure out if can exclude cached url's from ccleaner during cleaning...

Speedy Gonzales
18-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Untick its option under apps / FF in ccleaner. Why dont you add it as a bookmark. I dont bother with saving anything. I just bookmark the site, then go back to it later

kahawai chaser
18-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Untick its option under apps / FF in ccleaner. Why dont you add it as a bookmark. I dont bother with saving anything. I just bookmark the site, then go back to it later

Thanks - silly me - Did not see that apps folder. I do have them bookmarked in FF, but I thought if the urls' are keep in the cache, it would speed up re-connection to those urls?

Speedy Gonzales
18-07-2010, 12:34 AM
True, it may speed things up, it'll just update whats in the cache, to whats on the site

pctek
18-07-2010, 09:04 AM
I do have them bookmarked in FF, but I thought if the urls' are keep in the cache, it would speed up re-connection to those urls?

Not worth it, just bookmark.

kahawai chaser
18-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Yeah I suppose - stay with bookmarks. It's just some mega sites like Amazon take a while to load.