PDA

View Full Version : Companyweb - can't change theme

FAB
16-07-2010, 02:09 PM
HI all

The place where I am today uses Companyweb as their intranet. They'd like to change the theme to black (slate) in the list of themes as a part of tomorrow's All Black game.
However, even though I am admin and Web Desginer on the Company web, when I change the theme, nothing happens - it just goes back to the pick a theme page, and the theme that is selected is the defaul (no theme).

Anyone struck thuis before? Have googled to death but no apparent signs of this happening to others.

pctek
16-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Please locate to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\60\template" folder, all the companyweb files are stored in this folder like IMAGES
and THEMES. For example, you can go the IMAGES folder and replace the HOME.GIF with yours as you like.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

FAB
19-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Hey PCT

Yeah I tried that already, it changed some of the items, but only a few, no matter what I replaced.
I ended up dumping everything from the theme I want to use into that folder and overwriting the existing - but only a couple of things changed. Restored from my backup and back to standard.

It's weird though, that even when I change the theme it just reverts back to default (no theme) when I return to that page on the intranet. And yet as I say I have admin and web designer rights and I've checked these out and both allow to change the theme...