PDA

View Full Version : DriverMax

lakewoodlady
15-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Anybody know anything about Driver Max, It says free to download but does one have to then pay to get the drivers if any that are required?

LL

wainuitech
15-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Ive Used drivermax to back up a persons drivers before wiping their drive, esp if its some sort of "odd ball" make/Model that may be awkward to locate the originals. BUT never kept it for longer than a week - But the trial does run out.

personally I wouldn't trust those sorts of programs to get the latest updates-- go directly to the manufactures site, where they would normally be free.

pctek
15-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I downloaded it once for some reason I forget, not to update a driver, might have been to see if it could find an unknown device.
It looked OK, never used it since.

lakewoodlady
15-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Ah, exactly as I thought, so it is shareware with a 30 day trial. Will let my friend know this. She swore it was all free and would fix everything on her computer. Some people will never listen!

Thanks wainuitech.

LL

wainuitech
15-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Yeah, AS I mentioned -- I have used it to back up drivers, the program puts them in folders.

As for the rest of the functions -- Personally I'd rather work the "old School Way" get them from the manufactures.

would fix everything on her computer Great Tui's ad ;)

Greven
15-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I had a customer once claimed their brother living overseas had a CD that could automatically fix any PC problem & couldn't understand why they had to wait to get their computer fixed. If I recall correctly it had popped capacitors on the motherboard.

lakewoodlady
15-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Yes, I may use it to back up drivers, but I would rather go to the manufacturers to get get them to begin with. Will mention that to friend.

Thanks, LL

Agent_24
16-07-2010, 12:01 AM
A bit of Googling and use of the Web archive usually turns up hard to find drivers when I need them.

I try Driverguide.com as a last resort, and I've never tried some random driver program.