PDA

View Full Version : Dead LCD Monitor Working Again :clap

goodiesguy
14-07-2010, 05:46 PM
:clap yay!

My Dell Monitor that was my secondary monitor has all of a sudden decided to work perfectly.

about a month ago, i posted here saying that it was making ticking noises and the power button flashed on and off.

i was told that it was dead. since then i have been using my dads second monitor.

The dell has been sitting on my floor doing nothing for the past month. about 5 minutes ago i decided to plug it in to the power to see what happend. to my astonishment it went perfectly. i have just hooked it back up to my pc and its running sweet. its nice having it back as the blacks are black. wheras on my dads second monitor i could never set the contrast right.

Is this weird or what? i thought it was dead

wratterus
14-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Nice, but it will probably die again, sorry to say. But you might get a bit more use out of it.

Between you and the error guy the number of unnecessary new threads has quadrupled in the last week... :waughh: :lol:

pctek
14-07-2010, 05:56 PM
You scared it. The fright will wear off.

goodiesguy
14-07-2010, 06:01 PM
it might of overheated. it hasn't had much use during it's life. it was used on my dads pc the most. i don't mind if it shits it self agian, i'll just grab my dads second monitor back