PDA

View Full Version : Problems after networking software installed

01-09-2001, 04:53 PM
OK, heres the Problems. First my computer didn't have networking items loaded on. I loaded some on for a one day of network gaming. Then, after I remove the clients, eg IPX protocol and change from client for microsoft networks back to windows logon, the password dialog comes up when I start my computer when it didn't before. To stop this, you can remove the client for microsoft networks, but then my network places doesn't appear on the desktop. And now, when I want to connect to the internet, I can't save the password like it used to. So basically, all I want is no passoword dialog, my network places on the desktop and be able to save password while connecting to the internet.

02-09-2001, 01:15 AM
Tony easyist option here is to set your network back to the microsoft networks option.

Grab your self a copy of TweekUI. Visiting Microsofts website for this..
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp

Once installed load TweekUI from the Control Panel. Head to the Networking tab. Fill in your networking details ie User name & password (if any) place the tick next to auto login.

There you go.

Jess