PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Wireless Acting up

The Error Guy
10-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Since playing around with the Commview drivers and Airowizard and other associated Packet capture systems with my old linksys router and dd-wrt (attempting to make a new encryption method based on WEP) It seems I have inadvertently minced something somewhere.

The Problem is if I turn off my wireless using the laptops switch or put it into "sleep" and then turn it back on again the laptop either cannot find any wireless networks or constantly tries to "Identify" the network connection (see attachment) It does not say what network it is identifying (I cannot see any other networks normally from my place so its not connecting to some random network)

The other weird thing is it only seems to happen with my home router. other routers work fine as far as I can tell.

The only other somewhat unusual aspect of this is I have set my router to only broadcast on N band however windows reports the connection as G and sometimes A

If I go into device manager and Disable then enable the wireless card it will work again. I am slightly confused by the whole thing

Details
Router: Belkin F5D8233-4v3 SSID Not boradcast Enc WPA-PSK
Wireless Card: Atheros AR5009 (Reportedly using the Tamosoft AND Commview Drivers, problem here maybe? Airowizard reports Tamosoft Device manager says commview)
Airowizard Build is 250