PDA

View Full Version : Duplex Scanning

Greven
10-07-2010, 02:02 PM
I have a cheap brother printer with a document scanner, but the software doesn't let me do duplex scanning. Does anyone know of any good software that will allow me to do duplex scanning?

I'm not looking for the device to do true duplex scanning where it scans both sides as the paper goes through - I just want software that will scan everything on one side then ask me to put it through again for the other side & combine it into a single PDF document.

Snorkbox
10-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Picasa and Irfanview will allow you to convert multiple images to a single PDF. You will have to have a PDF printer installed like CutePDF and then it's just a matter of scanning multiple images into a folder, point Irfanview or Picasa at the folder, select all images and print using the PDF application.

For a tutorial go here:-
http://www.novapdf.com/kb/convert-jpg-to-pdf-or-other-image-formats-to-pdf-105.html

You don't have to use novapdf to do this.

Greven
10-07-2010, 03:26 PM
My current procedure is better - I scan to 2 PDF files then merge them using an open source program called PDFSAM (Split and Merge). I was hoping to find a program that does that automatically after scanning.

kahawai chaser
10-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Seems to be a few split and merge utilities to convert to a single pdf file, but hardly any for direct batch conversions. Perhaps search for a command line/prompt utility for multiple auto conversions to a single pdf. So Google up "free advanced command line pdf tools" or something similar.

Think their are are few free batch utilities for txt files to single pdf.