PDA

View Full Version : Vista / Win7 / Geriatic's

B.M.
10-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Cripes, the Sun must be shining and all my geriatric mates have come out of Hibernation.

Anyway, one has upgraded to Vista a while ago and now it seems to be falling apart around his ears, and another has upgraded to Win7 and is also having problems.

I think a lot of the problem is theyíre out of their comfort zone now because things have been renamed and put in different places. Personally, I have no intention of leaving mine and will stay with XP for as long as I can. Donít need all the re-education. However, because of this Iím of no help to them, so hereís a couple of quick questions.

1: Will Outlook Express run on Vista and Win7? (I always thought it came with Office, not the OS? If thatís the case will Office 2000 run on Vista and Win7?)

2: How many computers can you install Win7 Retail Version on? Someone told them the Retail Version can be installed on Three and the OEM Version on only One

That will do for starters.
:thanks

Chilling_Silence
10-07-2010, 12:53 PM
No, Outlook Express doesn't come with either of them, it's now called "Windows Live Mail" instead.
Outlook comes with MS Office, but it's a paid piece of software. Look into Mozilla Thunderbird for alternatives.

There are certain versions that you can get of Win7 that came with license for 3 machines. Otherwise, 95% of the time, the license is just for one machine.

feersumendjinn
10-07-2010, 12:59 PM
1, Outlook Express is integral to XP, not seperatable/transferable (as far as I know); Outlook (different program, more to it, calendars/email/contacts/tasks etc) is part of Office. Don't know about compatibility, sorry.
2, You can buy Win7 HP OEM in a 3 pack (3 licenses) for $580ish, but you have to pay for every license (including retail version) :), M$ wouldn't let you get away with that.
http://www.ascent.co.nz/Brand.aspx?catID=2318&catType=1

Scouse
10-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi B.M.
Get yourself and your mates along to a local branch of SeniorNet. You'll find that people of your own age and more are coping very well with the current operating systems and office suites. :rolleyes: