PDA

View Full Version : Configuring Getright

Gedc
10-07-2010, 01:01 AM
:groan:

I know its me and not the software...Using sharingmatrix premium account and I cant get getright to work with it. Keep getting file not found on server message. I can "save as" just fine and download relevant files to my PC but when I right click and "download with getright" it pops up the cant find file on server message and do I want to delete the partial download.!!

I've tried to populate the login details in getright etc but think I'm doing it wrong...Can't seem to find any relevant sites as every time I google both programs I get a list of torrent sites to download getright which isn't the issue.

Getright is set to accept cookies from websites and browsers but no difference. Anyone got an idiots guide...I have the same issue with depositfiles.com but not rapidshare.com where it works just fine.

Thanks

pctek
10-07-2010, 07:38 AM
You using the latest version? Seemed to be an awful lot of bug fixes, including that one.

Speedy Gonzales
10-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Probably doesnt like it. Not all sites like, or work with download manager programs

McRuff
10-07-2010, 08:57 AM
I have used Getright for years. I have found that it has issues with some sites and won't work. I think part of the problem is it hasn't been updated since 2008 and some of the recent anti leeching techniques cause it to fail.

One trick I use to force it to work, is to start a download with Firefox. Then right click on the download dialog box once it has started and select copy download link. Then paste it into getright using the File: New download menu item.

I have been looking for a newer download manager. The ones that I have tried have been worse so I am sticking with Getright.

Also now I am on broadband I tend to just use Firefox's built in downloader if the file isn't to big, as the downloads don't take very long anyway

Trev
10-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Getright has alot of problems with Windows 7 and latest versions of IE. Some sites must have you have cookies enabled and because, so I'm told, that the cookies are in a differant place in Windows 7 Getright doesn't know where too find them. Check out the Getright forums Here. (http://getright.invisionzone.com/)
:)