PDA

View Full Version : Things an iPhone does that you never would have believed!

Billy T
09-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Read THIS (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/7880155/How-your-Apple-iPhone-spies-on-you.html) then tell me if you'd really want an iPhone or any other Apple phone-enabled communications device?

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :waughh:

Metla
09-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Makes no difference to me, If someone was looking through that information it would mean I had lost my phone, and that would be pissing me off.

plod
09-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Umm Billy, The Google Nexus1 has the same features. Too be truly safe I suggest you go back to the trusty two cans and a piece of string

Chilling_Silence
10-07-2010, 02:36 AM
Most all smartphones have intelligent dictionaries today, and geotagging of images. Unsure about the accuracy of the "It saves a screenshot every time and keeps it logged" for the Maps ... If you're a developer, it'd make sense for it to cache a small amount of the maps, so when you re-open it, the map application won't have to download a screen full of data (It would just make it "appear" faster basically), but it's pointless caching every single exit screen, not to mention a waste of space.

SP8's
10-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Maybe a very forgetful Apple exec left an iPhone in Osama's local watering hole ....

The Error Guy
10-07-2010, 11:42 AM
What if someone ties another can to your string, calls hacked. nothing is safe.

Metla
10-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Or they follow the string, and find your exact location.

Spooky.

Cicero
10-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Without reading the above,I can tell you I have no need of that kit.

george12
10-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Most all smartphones have intelligent dictionaries today, and geotagging of images. Unsure about the accuracy of the "It saves a screenshot every time and keeps it logged" for the Maps ... If you're a developer, it'd make sense for it to cache a small amount of the maps, so when you re-open it, the map application won't have to download a screen full of data (It would just make it "appear" faster basically), but it's pointless caching every single exit screen, not to mention a waste of space.

Perhaps it's a file system thing, where it saves it in a different location every time instead of directly overwriting the previous exit screen. It wouldn't be a waste of space as the space would be marked free - but if the phone wasn't full of data there would be gigabytes of space for 'deleted' things to reside.

That's just pure guesswork and I don't know why it would possibly work that way, but it is entirely plausible.

Chilling_Silence
10-07-2010, 12:55 PM
True, you have a good point.

R2x1
10-07-2010, 10:10 PM
What if someone ties another can to your string, calls hacked. nothing is safe.
Or ignites your string and gives you a flaming earful?

SolMiester
10-07-2010, 10:24 PM
I got a free iphone the other day from Vodaphone, they sent a replacement for the faulty unit i sent back for the 1st replacement...lol