PDA

View Full Version : Monitor

01-09-2001, 03:12 PM
I am finding that my monitor goes fuzzy after it is turned on for a while and it gets worse the longer it is left on. I note another comment about moving speakers and as I have recently got speakers and have them next to monitor I will move them and see if this helps. It has been suggested that I 'degauss' the monitor - it is an older model - how do I do this, and where do I find the monitor control panel?. Any help greatly appreciated.

01-09-2001, 05:49 PM
It sounds as though your monitor is getting old and tired. Virtually all monitors de-gauss themselves when you switch on. If it's an analogue monitor, ie. it has a row of control knobs, then there wont be a separate de-gauss control. If it's a digital monitor, ie. has a row of buttons behind a drop down panel, or an onscreen display then there may well be a de-gauus control. Unfortunately thats by the way as de-gaussing wont change focus appreciably, it's for removing unwanted magnetism that can affect colour and convergence.
The only real answer is to upgrade to a better monitor, after all it's the most important item of a computer system.

Cheers

02-09-2001, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the info Terry. Its an analogue monitor and hopefully it will hang in there a bit longer. It seems a bit better with sound speakers moved away, but I have'nt used much today to find out the reality.

cheers Leslie