PDA

View Full Version : HP Printer Problem

Billy
09-07-2010, 07:27 PM
I have an old HP 810C Colour Inkjet Printer.

1) I bought a brand new black cartridge. It prints a page or two correctly and then the ink stops flowing (but the printer keeps printing). So I end up with 1 or 2 printed pages and a few blank pages.

2) Next day it will do the same --- prints a page or two correctly and then the ink stops flowing (but the printer keeps printing).

Any ideas?

PS I have gone through all the steps after installing a new cartridge.

Thank in advance.

Nomad
09-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Could it be the ink head? Provided it's not attached to the ink cartridge.

Jayess64
09-07-2010, 08:35 PM
I have an old HP 810C Colour Inkjet Printer.

1) I bought a brand new black cartridge. It prints a page or two correctly and then the ink stops flowing (but the printer keeps printing). So I end up with 1 or 2 printed pages and a few blank pages.

2) Next day it will do the same --- prints a page or two correctly and then the ink stops flowing (but the printer keeps printing).

Any ideas?

PS I have gone through all the steps after installing a new cartridge.

Thank in advance.

Long time since I used a HP printer, but in the manual are there instructions on how to clean a clogged print head? If so, try that first.

If that doesn't fix the problem, and the printer worked properly before you replaced the cartridge, suspect the new cartridge.

Billy
09-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Thanks, but ink head seems to be attached to the ink cartridge.

Also, manual doesn't say anything about clogged heads.

I did find this post http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=22166 Has anyone tried it?

Any other ideas?

pctek
10-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Tried another cartridge?

Snorkbox
10-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Possibly, depending on your operating system, you may not have fully functional drivers which allow cleaning.

Have you tried getting the drivers direct from HP or are you using drivers supplied via Windows?

Billy
12-07-2010, 07:46 PM
All of a sudden it's started printing OK. Must have been the cartridge. Thanks.

13-07-2010, 10:48 AM
These carts can go faulty, even new ones

If it happens again :badpc:
Check the expiry date
Make sure its a Genuine HP & not a refill/remanufactured
Remove & reseat the cart a few times, may not be getting a good electrical
contact.