PDA

View Full Version : Web design company that can create a travel website

Renmoo
07-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Basically I'm looking for a website provider that is able to make a travel website. The site should include features such as making bookings, e-commerce, and anything that the House of Travel website has.

Any recommendations?

gary67
07-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Hueybot?

Renmoo
07-07-2010, 10:24 PM
The task is not for a one-man team to deal with.

The client that I am dealing with wants a proper web design company to speak to.

somebody
07-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Does the vendor have to be Auckland based? If not, talk to these guys: http://codetocustomer.com/

notechyet
07-07-2010, 10:41 PM
The task is not for a one-man team to deal with.

The client that I am dealing with wants a proper web design company to speak to.

From my experience a multiple person business is not allways the best way to go as I found out with my website some time ago.

hueybot3000
07-07-2010, 10:41 PM
As Jamaz said a site like that is far to much work for one person to take on. Too many different scripts to organise. If one man was to do it it would take quite a while. Plus I'm not that experiences with sites on that scale

hueybot3000
07-07-2010, 10:43 PM
From my experience a multiple person business is not allways the best way to go as I found out with my website some time ago.

It can swing both ways, a simple site created by multiple people creates hassles, but a more complex site created by one person puts too much pressure and organisation on one person. Sites like that are best split dutywise

Renmoo
07-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Does the vendor have to be Auckland based? If not, talk to these guys: http://codetocustomer.com/
Should preferably be in Hamilton :)

Renmoo
07-07-2010, 10:55 PM
For a travel website, I think having multiple coders is inevitable.

somebody
08-07-2010, 08:37 AM

What Jamuz wants isn't just a website - it's quite a complex web application, with what is probably going to be a database driven backend - which involves a lot of work. Jamuz - does the person have a budget for this project? If they want something along the lines of the House of Travel website, they'd be looking at spending tens of thousands of dollars.

kahawai chaser
08-07-2010, 10:42 AM
As generally noted above would be complex - i.e. need to factor in good user generated content, landing page optimization, information architecture, localized search factors, etc.

Then you may never rank (i.e. low searchers and conversions) in the search engines in a timely manner as it's a very competitive arena - unless various standard and advanced SEO techniques are implemented. Possibly a SEO professional would need be hired as well - depending on goals. Anything tourism related online presence in or to NZ is extremely competitive.