PDA

View Full Version : Know-It-Alls

GreacherTech
02-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Is anyone currently attending school or a form of higher education?

If so is there that ONE person in your class that seems to think that he or she is just the bee's knees and knows everything about anything?

I would like to see if anyone has come across this phenomenon. I'm sure there is one in every class -____-

GT

Nomad
02-07-2010, 10:45 AM
yeah there is, they talk it up .. then when it comes to the real work they struggle or those who talk it up and make great stories. like how they got this great deal and stuff.

like got a pc from the op shop for $5 that didn't work and then replaced the HD and sold on TM for $600 :lol: and the next day he said it was the RAM :D or an inheritance and bought house just after the flood so prev dude had to pay for the repairs. or an iphone from turners unopened for $150 or a ex corporate lappie from turners with win7 and a 1TB HDD for $300 for his mother in law :rolleyes:

the same due who said telstra would release a $50 1TB BB plan out.
or he is suing ACC for $2.5M or got abused on the phone with MS so he taped him, got 10yrs worth of free software or met a travelling friend in his early years in the states and now still in contact, blue eye blonde bombshell, she reviews movies, so he sends to him to view for free .... lmao.

GreacherTech
02-07-2010, 10:46 AM
LMFAO you're a legend, dw this dudes mate is coming over from the states...he's a millionaire you see so when he arrives in new zealand hes buying him a new CAR!

pctek
02-07-2010, 11:04 AM
You find them in the workplace too.
Knew someone who did user support for a Mac using company, occasionally she'd reboot the router and if that didn't work, call 3rd party guys. On that basis she got a job with Callplus, looking after the routers.
needless to say it lasted the 3 month trial period.

GreacherTech
02-07-2010, 12:24 PM
-____- people irritate me, seriously.
How they even get jobs on those sort of basis' is beyond me o.O

pctek
02-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Simple. She lied. And her ex-boss backed her up. Helped they were buddies.
Doesn't do you any good though. How she thought she could BS her way though I don't know. Becomes screamingly obvious after the first ****up.

utopian201
02-07-2010, 02:13 PM
dont worry, it will always catch up to these people. Might not be this week, or this month or even this year. But it always does.

If it didn't, then there wouldn't be any point to telling the truth.
The real cause of this though is companies letting it happen. Dont they have performance reviews and task accountability/responsibility?

KenESmith
02-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote PC Tech "Simple. She lied. And her ex-boss backed her up. Helped they were buddies."
Plenty of bosses are dishonest enough to give a useless employee a glowing reference, as an alternate to firing the employee.

Marnie
02-07-2010, 02:41 PM
In every walk of life there are bones. The jaw bones, the wish bones and the back bones. Some bosses, tutors, colleagues and students are smart enough to work out which ones are which. Unfortunately, not all of them have the ability to do that.

george12
02-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Evidently some don't (have performance reviews or checks in place).

I once heard I guy claim that he worked for a company so big and inefficient that he got hired, never told what to do, and just did nothing for 8 years while collecting a salarly. I mean NOTHING.

Nobody knew what his job was and everyone assumed he was doing it well.

gary67
02-07-2010, 07:04 PM
There is one at my work still useless after 2 years and no reviews in sight so he will probably get away with it for a lot longer

Cicero
02-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Chap next door got married about 2 months ago,says he is selling his Encyclopedias,says no longer need,his wife knows everything.

I suppose that is similar.?