PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch

Pato
30-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Should I turn off my Ipod or leave it on.? What is the effect on the battery.?

GameJunkie
30-06-2010, 05:42 PM
i'd turn it off if your not using it for any length of time.

Chilling_Silence
30-06-2010, 08:35 PM
My wife always just leaves hers on Standby, even if she doesn't use it for 4-5 days at a time ... they last ages :)

Pato
30-06-2010, 09:06 PM
My wife always just leaves hers on Standby, even if she doesn't use it for 4-5 days at a time ... they last ages :)Well that is what I thought but wasn't sure. I guess people will have different ideas.
Getting a good life out of the battery is what I was looking at as it is not a DIY job replacing it.

robbyp
01-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Well that is what I thought but wasn't sure. I guess people will have different ideas.
Getting a good life out of the battery is what I was looking at as it is not a DIY job replacing it.

If you don't use it it goes into standby and is basically off. There is no point in shutting it down completely, becuase it then has to boot up, which uses a lot of power.

Pato
01-07-2010, 01:46 PM
If you don't use it it goes into standby and is basically off. There is no point in shutting it down completely, becuase it then has to boot up, which uses a lot of power.OK. I guess I will leave it on. Thanks for your input, much appreciated.