PDA

View Full Version : Fired!

GreacherTech
28-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Errrr I got fired from Burger King in Tauranga over a txt message..

Is this even legal?

prefect
28-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Yes

GreacherTech
28-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Well it's in violation of my contract...is THAT legal?

inphinity
28-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Gonna ned a lot more detail to give a proper answer. What is in violation of your contract? What was the actual reason for dismissal? Chances are that it is legal, though, yes.

Cato
28-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Please provide more info.

prefect
28-06-2010, 10:31 AM
I do work for a plastics factory in Avondale, their contract has about 15 things for instant dismissal and one is using a cellphone when they are supposed to be working.

GreacherTech
28-06-2010, 10:52 AM
In my contract it says I can only be terminated with a writen letter from the Store Manager, but I got fired from the most junior manager, over txt message. I was on probation for 90 days because apparently my work ethic wasn't up to standard and they said one more slip up was a cause for instant dismissal. Do i still get my holiday pay? and they say I'm meant to have 2 weeks notice before being terminated and that if they don't I get paid out for the 2 weeks. so do i still get that aswell?

kenj
28-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Walk away - you blew it!! First thing you should do is get a good work attitude.

I was responsible for a large number of staff in my middle years and know there is nothing worse than a person with bad work ethics and attitude.

Ken

prefect
28-06-2010, 11:03 AM
In my contract it says I can only be terminated with a writen letter from the Store Manager, but I got fired from the most junior manager, over txt message. I was on probation for 90 days because apparently my work ethic wasn't up to standard and they said one more slip up was a cause for instant dismissal. Do i still get my holiday pay? and they say I'm meant to have 2 weeks notice before being terminated and that if they don't I get paid out for the 2 weeks. so do i still get that aswell?

Mere details the junior manager only has to consult the senior manger.
Looks like you are gone burger.

Billy T
28-06-2010, 11:06 AM
You should get the two weeks, but there is no absolute guarantee of that because we don't know the terms and conditions of your employment, or of the final warning you got. I assume you knew their rules about cellphone use at work and either decided to ignore them, or thought you'd take a chance.

The fact that you were on probation should have been a warning to you, so provided the cellphone use was a violation of the house rules, or was seen as slacking off work, they seem to be well within their rights and you are now on their list of idiots who take too long to learn.

In the real world, rules are rules, warnings mean what they say, and a significant change of attitude and behaviour is not just expected, it is demanded.

You may have a case over the requirement for a senior manager to dismiss, but since you appear to have made a significant contribution to your own downfall, and over an extended pariod of time, it probably isn't worth arguing about. Learn from the experience and get your act together if and when you find a new job.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

GreacherTech
28-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Wtf, who said anything about a cellphone? It's only the one manager that has a problem with me, he's power hungary as he has only just come into management, not a single other manager has a problem with anything I do. I show up on time, I do ALL my work. I never even call in sick, even when I am.

All I want to know is after a dismissal do you still get your acrued holiday pay?

Nomad
28-06-2010, 11:16 AM
yes you should get holiday pay, that's normally acrued.
if you are with a inter agency you may need to request, if you don't they don't give it to you, haha, thinking in future you would get another role with them so they keep your "store credit" under your account. lol.

not part of union?

prefect
28-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Wtf, who said anything about a cellphone? It's
Normally a cellphone is used for receiving and sending texts.
Sick days and you havent even done 90 days .
I have a mechanic who has worked for me for 9 years now and has never had a sick day.

wainuitech
28-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Even if you were on probation for something else, most employers will look at what was done, in this case txting --- If it were something important, like someone had an accident, or a real emergency, then it more than likely would have been over looked, BUT if it were simply something social, like whos going to meet where or something else non emergency then you know the rules, and warning, so they were carried out.

You obviously know the rules and chose to break them. If someone sends you a txt theres no need to answer it right away.

To quote Billy
In the real world, rules are rules, warnings mean what they say, and a significant change of attitude and behaviour is not just expected, it is demanded.

Welcome to the real world.

PS: As for the holiday pay -- you should get whats owing.

PaulD
28-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Wtf, who said anything about a cellphone?

You mentioned "I got fired from Burger King in Tauranga over a txt message"

Was that you were txting, the manager txted you or you were involved in the content of a txt?

Some here are lucky to be self employed or bosses because I don't think they'd handle a contract with 15 reasons for instant dismissal :D

prefect
28-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Depends if they want a job for the minimum wage taking plastics things from a conveyor belt and putting them in boxes.

nofam
28-06-2010, 11:37 AM
You mentioned "I got fired from Burger King in Tauranga over a txt message"

Was that you were txting, the manager txted you or you were involved in the content of a txt?

Some here are lucky to be self employed or bosses because I don't think they'd handle a contract with 15 reasons for instant dismissal :D

Indeed - were you fired via a txt message from your manager, or were you fired by your manager in person because you were txting on-the-job?

Sweep
28-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Go consult with the Citizens Advice people.

There is always the ERA if you think you have a case but from what you say it may be unlikely.

See here:-
http://www.ers.dol.govt.nz/problem/authority/

pctek
28-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I was on probation for 90 days because apparently my work ethic wasn't up to standard and they said one more slip up was a cause for instant dismissal.

Well there you go. And you decided it was a good idea to txt at work.

--Wolf--
28-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Wtf, who said anything about a cellphone?
You.

Errrr I got fired...over a txt message.

It's only the one manager that has a problem with me, he's power hungary as he has only just come into management, not a single other manager has a problem with anything I do
Junior manager, senior manager, STILL YOUR MANAGER.

In my contract...but I got fired from the most junior manager, over txt message.

I was on probation for 90 days because apparently my work ethic wasn't up to standard and they said one more slip up was a cause for instant dismissal
You keep saying THEY, is this just the junior manager, or were you on probation before he came into management, because you say he only just has. Either way you were put on probation for a reason.

I show up on time, I do ALL my work. I never even call in sick, even when I am.

Please don't work at a fast food restaurant while you are sick.

Sort it out, this is the real world. And if you do get paid out your holiday pay be grateful. I know in my job if you are fired you don't get a cent.

GameJunkie
28-06-2010, 12:08 PM
we don't even know the context of the text.

but you are your own worst enemy for ignoring them whilst being on notice for whatever reason

GreacherTech
28-06-2010, 12:10 PM
OK clearly I didn't make this clear. I was fired THROUGH txt. NOT for txting on the job.

Sweep
28-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Now you have actually explained that it may make a difference ( or not ) as the case may be.

Read post #18 in this thread.

GreacherTech
28-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Yeah I saw that Sweep, cheers

pctek
28-06-2010, 12:26 PM
OK clearly I didn't make this clear. I was fired THROUGH txt. NOT for txting on the job.

So. What were you fired FOR then?
And what were you on probation FOR?

Metla
28-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Burger King have some of the biggest tools in the world working as "managers".

I know of plenty of young people screwed over by frustrated twats all bent out of shape with their lot in life who think a minor position in a fast food junk shop gives them some status.

I suggest you hit em hard, But consult your local Citizens advice first and they should be able to tell you your next step.

Try and ignore all the high-and-mightys who have contributed so much in this thread.:xmouth: They're not helping.

coldot
28-06-2010, 12:45 PM
"So. What were you fired FOR then?
And what were you on probation FOR?"

I suspect the complainant has a problem with communication. It has taken numerous responses to the complainant in this forum and you (plural) have only just got him to explain how his dismissal was communicated to him. Over the coming days the rest of the story may be dragged out in short sentences, if we're lucky. If communication with the manager is so disjointed then it's hardly surprising that the manager has given up on this employee.

Sweep
28-06-2010, 12:48 PM
@Metla.

More or less as advised in post # 18?

Metla
28-06-2010, 12:53 PM
@Metla.

More or less as advised in post # 18?

Yep, Post #18 was great work :thumbs:

Metla
28-06-2010, 12:58 PM
I suspect the complainant has a problem with communication. It has taken numerous responses to the complainant in this forum and you (plural) have only just got him to explain how his dismissal was communicated to him.

I suspect many people jump to conclusions based on their assumption of someone's age and hence demeanour, So he used the word "over" rather then "via" and everyone so inclined judged him.

Shame.

And, Under "over" in the dictionary

21.via; by means of: He told me over the phone. I heard it over the radio.

Perhaps an apology is in order.

sroby
28-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Sorry, You're fired (putting it blunty) :horrified

http://www.ers.dol.govt.nz/relationships/trialperiod.html

From 1 March 2009, employers who employ 19 or fewer employees will be able to employ new employees on a trial period of up to 90 calendar days.

An employee who is given notice of dismissal before the end of a trial period cannot raise a personal grievance on the grounds of unjustified dismissal. He or she may, however, raise a personal grievance on other grounds, such as discrimination or harassment or an unjustified action by the employer that disadvantaged the employee.

You may have a justifiable grievance on the way you were dismissed...???

GreacherTech
28-06-2010, 01:14 PM
I suspect many people jump to conclusions based on their assumption of someone's age and hence demeanour, So he used the word "over" rather then "via" and everyone so inclined judged him.

Shame.

Cheers Metla, your posts always seem to cheer me up :)
Also I was not on a trial, and this BK employs more than 19 staff.

This manager has always had it in for me over something personal, everyone bar the RM believes this. He was basically waiting for me to do something wrong for an excuse to fire me.

Basically I was due my break at 5pm because we were understaffed. I finished work at 6.
at 3 mins to 5 he instructed me to mop the full lobby which would have taken 30 mins.
I was still due 2 breaks by 5pm.
I complained about having to mop considering I still had 2 breaks entitled.
Manager had a fit.
I only received 1 of my 2 entitled breaks.

THIS is why i was fired VIA txt message.
He didn't even have the balls to ring me.

Digby
28-06-2010, 01:17 PM
x10

I agree with all of the first repliers.

Yes I am sorry Greacher you blew, it.

You are obviously young, so take the lesson on the chin and when you get another job, try to learn to be a good employee and follow the rules.

coldot
28-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Please don't tinker with semantics.
No problem with: "I heard it over the radio" "He told me over the phone" They are easy to understand because of the context and there are no obvious alternate interpretations.
"I was fired over a text message." Is not a clear context because there are alternate interpretations. I believe that a majority of readers of all ages would interpret that to mean "I was fired because of a text message."

PaulD
28-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Sort it out, this is the real world. And if you do get paid out your holiday pay be grateful. I know in my job if you are fired you don't get a cent.

Are you in a permanent job or casual in which case you should be getting holiday pay as a separate item on each pay slip? Employers don't get to write all the rules.

KarameaDave
28-06-2010, 01:27 PM
They have not treated you properly.
Take them for the lot!

Metla
28-06-2010, 01:33 PM
"I was fired over a text message." Is not a clear context because there are alternate interpretations. I believe that a majority of readers of all ages would interpret that to mean "I was fired because of a text message."

Nope, It wasn't clear, But just about everyone interrupted it in the most negative way possible.

That is their issue, it reflects on them, not the thread starter.

GreacherTech
28-06-2010, 01:34 PM
They have not treated you properly.
Take them for the lot!

I plan to, I do need to get advice from the CAB or ERA first though

GreacherTech
28-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Nope, It wasn't clear, But just about everyone interrupted it in the most negative way possible.

That is their issue, it reflects on them, not the thread starter.

All I asked was if it was illegal or legal. If everyone else was unsure as to what I meant then they should have said so to begin with, not assume the worse.

Thanks again for your support Metla

Metla
28-06-2010, 01:36 PM
I plan to, I do need to get advice from the CAB or ERA first though

I hope you do, and that you're experience gets heard by the right people, Jumped up minor managers should not be left to make life miserable for anyone.

They only do it because they get away with it.

GreacherTech
28-06-2010, 01:40 PM
I hope you do, and that you're experience gets heard by the right people, Jumped up minor managers should not be left to make life miserable for anyone.

Yep, I could be petty about it and just throw a brick at his car :badpc:

But the missus convinced me that might not be such a great idea lol.

He had been nitpicking at my performence all day. had just had enough of it

PaulD
28-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Jumped up minor managers should not be left to make life miserable for anyone.

It does seem to happen a lot in fast food places, do these "managers" think they are Gordon Ramsays?

Why don't you get these outbursts in supermarkets?

GreacherTech
28-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Better pay at Countdown too

Sweep
28-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Another word of advice here. There are time limits in which to take a case and you have to advise the ex employer you are going to do so. The case may have to go to mediation.

GreacherTech
28-06-2010, 02:05 PM
yep 90 days

qazwsxokmijn
28-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Better pay at Countdown too
You get those kinds of people at CD too, at least where I work you do. Although fortunately for me most of my superiors are great people. We're a bit of a family sometimes, we even have names for some of them....Big Mama (the big Samoan lady who oversees all) and Big Sister (another big but younger Samoan lady who's pretty much second in command).

zqwerty
28-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Complain to your Union, ....... oh that's right none of you have Unions anymore, you trust the bosses to have your best interests at heart. Brave New World of NaZealand.

Metla
28-06-2010, 03:15 PM
If unions were all that some people claim then they would have the support of the workers.

But, as is always the case, the dream and the reality are not the same thing.

Nomad
28-06-2010, 03:19 PM
if they are casual they may not be eligible to join a union. if they are casual i think they don't get compensation even if redundancy (by the law) unless the employer provides it extra on the contract or thru negotiation at time of cessation. reasons that some larger orgs incl govt will use temping agency to hire people and have employees on the temping ageny instead as a "contractor". so technically you are not a staff of BK, you are a staff under the temping agency. the temping agency is your employer - not the one that you turn up to work every day. with that you get on a diff pay structure, miss out on any perks.

something like the chinese flight attendants with AirNZ :xmouth:

some temp may be eligible but only if you meet a min length of contract isn't it? :confused:

Zippity
28-06-2010, 03:31 PM

Shame.

"then" = than??

--Wolf--
28-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Are you in a permanent job or casual in which case you should be getting holiday pay as a separate item on each pay slip? Employers don't get to write all the rules.

Permanent.

Holiday is a separate item on the payslips as hours accrued.

Billy T
28-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Regardless of Metla's views, with which I don't entirely disagree, you still haven't said why you were on probation, i.e. what was it about your work ethic that they didn't like?

I had over 12 years in ER working on the employee's side of the fence, and although my business iinterests are focussed elsewhere now, for the last 14 years I've continued to take on disputes as a private consultant, my last case being only a few weeks ago. I'll work for employer or employee, but almost always work for employees.

So, speaking from professional experience up to and including taking cases to the Employment Court and a very rare case I had that went through the District Court, if you have any ideas of taking BK to the cleaners, forget it, if you were on probation for work ethic, and you kicked up a fuss about your break entitlements when you knew they were short staffed, I'm not surprised you got the heave. You will be on the back-foot from the start, and the best you could hope for might be a couple of weeks wages if you could make adequately your case.

So, if you can make a case, you won't get rich off it, because for employment of short duration, unless the boss knocked you down and kicked you to a pulp or was violently and verbally abusive in the presence of witnesses, you are sitting at the bottom end of the grievance scale and the National Government's gift to employers of the 90 day termination window could make it very difficult if you were working there for less than 90 days.

Employment law looks at contributory behaviour by the employee as well as what the employer did and they often cancel out. So, I'll be frank here, I don't think your communication skills are up to the task of defending yourself, and although a mediator would help you along as much as possible, they are not there to act as "the prisoner's friend" they are an unbiased and uninterested (in the outcome) intermediary whose job it is to get both sides to agree on an outcome.

Your full employment history with BK will come under the microscope and in the end you will get only what you deserve, whatever that may be.

So, here's an offer:

You write out the full story of your employment with BK, TRUTHFULLY, warts and all from day one to the day you were fired. This is the stuff you'll need at mediation anyway, so you might as well do it while your memory is fresh, then PM it to me. If it ends up too much for a PM, let me know by a quick PM and I'll send you an email address to use instead.

In return I'll give you free advice on the merits of your case and how best to proceed if it looks like you have a good argument. If I don't think you have a viable case I'll tell you, and you can go seek a second opinion if you wish.

If you need a second opinion, the best test is to take it to a 'no win no pay' employment advocacy service, and if they take it on. you've got a hope, but if they show you the door, just forget it.

I meant the truthfully bit very seriously too, I may want to phone your ex employer (you need to give me names and phone numbers), and if I find out I've been told half-truths or outright porkies, I just dump the file and walk away.

That's the offer, it's up to you now.

Cheers

Billy

Nomad
28-06-2010, 04:25 PM
x2 the above.

I was a fixed term contracted to the org - not the agency - they decided to cut the contract shorter 3 months into the job by initialising a restructure. B/c I was fixed term I didn't have compensation by law and they didn't provide it thru the contract. With my union all I got was 4 weeks payment that I didn't have to work, plus I got my worktime extended 4 weeks that I had to work - plus holiday pay.

Signed with the Department of Labour in the middle for the "confidential" agreement.

You won't get rich.

Yeah I have asked around, advice by the union was that the best of the best I could get. Some of the employment specialist lawyers charge near/over $200 per the hour.

Then it was out the door, look for another job.

If a worker has been in a org for maybe 10yrs you would be generous to get $50k. Most like IMO 20k or so .... Orgs tend to have a policy on restructures (not being fired), the longer you stay the more you get.

AFAIK the payment will be structured to your payrate, so you may get a few weeks if you win for eg. A person working in a fast food restaurant isn't gonna hit media headlines and get a 5 or 6 figure package.

Given you might be part time or casual, you were on probation that puts you on the bottom of the bottom. Me thinks you mgiht get something if you were not officially advised you were fired. You might even get reinstatated who knows but could anyone continue working like that ..... Or are you gonna say due to humiliation and hurt you cannot work there and request that too?

Metla
28-06-2010, 05:08 PM
If it were me I'd be wanting to draw attention to the way the manager acted, and then I'd move on as quickly as possible.

If they were short staffed then the manager should have consulted everyone on the shift as to what they wanted to do for breaks, and ensured those that wanted them at specific times got them as best he could. And he should have ensured breaks were taken before the busy period so as to minimise the workload.

Just ignoring peoples requirements for a break and then bullying them when they take them is just immature tin-pot crap.

"Managers" of this kind can't get it through their heads how much smoother things can be if they run their thoughts and requirments past their staff who are to be affected.

coldot
28-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Go with Billy T's proposal. I was tempted to say me too, but you don't want an army of advisers.
Metla, you're on track to have the manager taking a case against you! I think it's clear that emotions were running high at the time of the incident and with so little corroborated information it's too early to be judging either side. I'm sure that BK managers don't sit in an office issuing orders and these days 'manager' tends to be a term for 'foreman' and 'supervisor' i.e. someone with only a little bit more experience than the 'workers'.
My background is in an industry where breaks are not absolute and workers traditionally get the job done and leave discussion about missed breaks to the next day.

pctek
28-06-2010, 06:32 PM
C

Basically I was due my break at 5pm because we were understaffed. I finished work at 6.
at 3 mins to 5 he instructed me to mop the full lobby which would have taken 30 mins.
Manager had a fit.
So you complained and mopped, or complained and took the break?

Also why were you on probation - cause that will matter if you take it to Employment Disputes.

For taking a break and not mopping I'd say he can't fire you but we don't know the entire story so can't tell you whether or not it was legal.

gary67
28-06-2010, 08:15 PM

That's funny, very funny when I complained on here about my jumped up dick of a manager everyone told me to suck it in and help him now your all giving someone else the opposite advice

Metla
28-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Metla, you're on track to have the manager taking a case against you!

pppffftttt.

My background is in an industry where breaks are not absolute and workers traditionally get the job done and leave discussion about missed breaks to the next day.

So is mine, But if the workers think they are getting pushed around rather then appreciated for their effort then downhill is the only way for things to go. And when it does, its the manager/supervisor/foreman who should be getting looked at. Not the person who wanted the break they are entitled to.

Funny enough I've also found treating the youngsters worse then the adults grows dissent immediately, and so many people do it out of habit....and then blame the youngster for not being willing to be kicked around.

Metla
28-06-2010, 09:03 PM
That's funny, very funny when I complained on here about my jumped up dick of a manager everyone told me to suck it in and help him now your all giving someone else the opposite advice

Yes, But are you entertained?

gary67
28-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Of course your posts brighten my day and I might be joining you in the land of the unemployed by the end of the year if my shoulder gets any worse

Marnie
28-06-2010, 09:11 PM
I've only just got back and read your post, or I might have come to the same conclusion that so many did and assumed it was you who was texting.

sroby in post 31 explained the probable reason for being on probation.

I'm sorry you lost your job and I hope something positive can come out of it for you. If it was me I wouldn't want to work for someone who puts personalities ahead of being a good and fair manager. I can't help wondering whether their staff turnover is very high.

Good luck.

PaulD
28-06-2010, 09:41 PM
sroby in post 31 explained the probable reason for being on probation.

I'm sorry you lost your job and I hope something positive can come out of it for you. If it was me I wouldn't want to work for someone who puts personalities ahead of being a good and fair manager. I can't help wondering whether their staff turnover is very high.

Post 31 rebutted by post 32

Marnie
28-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Sorry I missed that bit.

mikebartnz
28-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Cheers Metla, your posts always seem to cheer me up :)
Also I was not on a trial, and this BK employs more than 19 staff.

This manager has always had it in for me over something personal, everyone bar the RM believes this. He was basically waiting for me to do something wrong for an excuse to fire me.

Manager had a fit.
I only received 1 of my 2 entitled breaks.

THIS is why i was fired VIA txt message.
He didn't even have the balls to ring me.
He is a bl__dy w___er for doing it via text message. He obviously wouldn't make a managers AH. I also wonder how much it might have had to do with the new 90 day caper.

plod
28-06-2010, 10:11 PM
He is a bl__dy w___er for doing it via text message. He obviously wouldn't make a managers AH. I also wonder how much it might have had to do with the new 90 day caper.
Nothing to do with the 90 day caper, unless the bk is a privately owned store. I was under the impression all their stores were owned by a head office in NZ. So total staff would be the combined of all the stores.And yes he is a ****** for doing by txt.

mikebartnz
28-06-2010, 10:11 PM
If unions were all that some people claim then they would have the support of the workers.

But, as is always the case, the dream and the reality are not the same thing.
There was a case years ago where workers at a factory in Auckland chose to work the night shift on the Sunday night instead of the Friday night as they wanted to enjoy Friday night. Both the workers and management were happy until along came the union man and said they couldn't do that without paying the workers the Sunday rate so the poor old worker ended up having to do the Friday night shift.
Did the union man even consult the workers about what they wanted.

PaulD
28-06-2010, 10:48 PM
There was a case years ago where workers at a factory in Auckland chose to work the night shift on the Sunday night instead of the Friday night as they wanted to enjoy Friday night. Both the workers and management were happy until along came the union man and said they couldn't do that without paying the workers the Sunday rate so the poor old worker ended up having to do the Friday night shift.
Did the union man even consult the workers about what they wanted.

Do you know if that would be possible? The union may have just been reminding everyone of the then laws. The DOL probably would have sung the same tune.

mikebartnz
28-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Do you know if that would be possible? The union may have just been reminding everyone of the then laws. The DOL probably would have sung the same tune.
Back then it had nothing to do with the law and all to do with the union not talking to the workers and allowing what they wanted.
I'll give you another case of a plastics factory over Wellington way.
The union man said the firm had to get a larger smoko room or get rid of some workers. They used to take their breaks in shifts so it was unnecessary. Anyway the next time the union man arrived the boss got the workers lined up and then asked the union man which of them should be sacked. He took off with his tail between his legs.

prefect
29-06-2010, 12:04 AM
The unions were good for getting some labor laws enacted. Dont need them anymore and people cant afford the union dues anyway.
Maggie Thatcher is my heroine for busting the englander unions. Also some good looking chick who organised our anti union marches cant remember her name but she is a true kiwi heroine.
I used to feel real anger years ago when the union person on TV always had an englander accent it grated me a million times worse than running finger nails down a blackboard even worse than those vulveas.
There is a plethora of labour laws and a minimum wages unions are so yesterday like the communist party.

zqwerty
29-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Yeah the economies are really going well now that the right-wingers are in total control.

Metla
29-06-2010, 01:34 AM
Yeah the economies are really going well now that the right-wingers are in total control.

Glad you finally came around.

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

mikebartnz
29-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Glad you finally came around.

Welcome aboard :thumbs:
He would never miss an opportunity to put a red boot into a debate like this.:)

PaulD
29-06-2010, 08:37 AM
He would never miss an opportunity to put a red boot into a debate like this.:)

Nothing to do with red boots. If Prefect was honest he'd admit that the success or otherwise of a company like his depends more on the competence of the management than the workers.

I don't know what experiences you get your attitude from.

zqwerty
29-06-2010, 08:56 AM
So now that the workers are totally under the boot of the bosses what is the excuses for the dismal performance of the world economy surely not that the workers still won't work hard enough and are being paid too much and the Unions are disrupting the bosses master plans for economic prosperity for all?.

pctek
29-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Here, the latest Listener has an article about how bad most NZ bosses are:
http://www.listener.co.nz/issue/3660/columnists/15707/our_slack_bosses.html

GreacherTech
29-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks heaps guys, am going to PM Billy T with the full details...special thanks to Metla too, the first one to believe I was in the wrong :)

KarameaDave
29-06-2010, 10:28 AM
I think you mean in the right?

GreacherTech
29-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Haha yes Dave just noticed that, I think I meant to say that I WASN'T in the wrong :P

mikebartnz
29-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Nothing to do with red boots. If Prefect was honest he'd admit that the success or otherwise of a company like his depends more on the competence of the management than the workers.

I don't know what experiences you get your attitude from.
I think you have a few things wrong there. For one I wasn't referring to Prefect but to zqwerty. As to the other a company depends equally on the competency of managers and workers as one without the other doesn't make a company.

Billy T
30-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Nothing to see here now folks, looks like Greacher may have an arguable case so we are working our way through the issues. No, he wasn't the greatest employee on the planet, but he seems to have run into some people who are somewhat worse, and his employee rights under NZ law may have bee breached.

Any further information about this matter will be up to him to post in due course, and Mods, it might be a good idea to lock this thread now.

Cheers

Billy