PDA

View Full Version : Trademe do they have their own email DNS cache thingie

Morgenmuffel
25-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Greetings illustrious peoples

having an odd problem

We have recently shifted hosting for a client and all emails are coming through to the new server with the exception of those sent by trademe, all emails sent by trademe are still going to the old server, which is still live BUT under a different domain name, I don't know where trademe gets its DNS cache settings but they are wrong, and it is only emails from trademe that are going to the old server (se we are not loosing them) everything else is going to the correct server.

and yes before you say it I have checked that the email address trademe has for the client is for the correct domain

Thankyou and felicitations for your help

Speedy Gonzales
25-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Email them?

Morgenmuffel
25-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Email them?
Obviously and already done, But as there are webdevelopers on here then someone else might have struck this problem, besides trademe take 12 hours to respond according to there site, so i would expect to hear back by July with luck if they are anything like any other help desk I have dealt with.

CYaBro
25-06-2010, 03:50 PM
How long ago was the DNS change made?
I have seen some take up to 3 days to propogate fully.

Morgenmuffel
25-06-2010, 08:23 PM
How long ago was the DNS change made?
I have seen some take up to 3 days to propogate fully.

7:30am Monday, so its been 4 and a half days, and it is only trademe, no-one else whatsoever the last stray from elsewhere was midday wednesday I think

berryb
25-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Do a dig on your domain using a few different DNS servers. If they all respond with the correct settings then it has to be the Trade Me DNS server hasn't updated. If this is the case you will have to contact them.

I have had this before (Not with Trade Me) where I have had to ask for DNS to be updated.

Morgenmuffel
26-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Well i have got a response from them, although i have a feeling the person who sent it didn't understand the question.

basically the answer was that they send the email to the address given and if its going to the wrong server, it is a configuration issue our end.

which is bollocks if facebook, gmail, telstra and even xtra can find the new server then surely it can't be that hard for tiny little trademe, the reason it is going to the wrong server is that Trademe is using an old cache which should have been updated.

In fact today trademe emails are coming through today starting about 1am it looks like, so problem solved, and I guess their support staff do have to deal with the mentally deficient people that frequent the trademe forums.

Seriously apart from the genealogy and diy/cooking are those forums entirely populated by mentally deficent illiterates, i mean hell spending half an hour on there proves beyond reasonable doubt that Darwin got it right