PDA

View Full Version : Question For The Mods

icow
23-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Why can't we have animated avatars? Why can't we have pics in our signatures? Why have so many forum regulars been banned e.g KarameaDave?

Trev
23-06-2010, 08:09 PM
This will answer one of your questions Here. (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=110546)
:)

icow
23-06-2010, 08:17 PM
This will answer one of your questions Here. (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=110546)
:)

Wow some people are silly...
... oh wait I can't say much. :D

Renmoo
23-06-2010, 08:19 PM
[Edit] Nvm.

stu161204
23-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Why can't we have animated avatars?

Why do you want animated avatars?, they are annoying

Why can't we have pics in our signatures?

Why do you want pics in your signature??, apart from slowing down the loading of a site.

Why have so many forum regulars been banned e.g KarameaDave?

Maybe because they canít fellow these simple rules: http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=81855

R2x1
23-06-2010, 10:25 PM
You can have as many animations on avatars, text, or signatures as you wish; just not here. Go to the incredimail zone and pig out. Have all the fun you can stomach.

Jen
23-06-2010, 10:53 PM
It took four years of negotiations to get the avatars and now you want them animated? :illogical

I hate picture signatures.

They were very naughty.

Digby
23-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah keep it simple !

prefect
23-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Why can't we have animated avatars? Why can't we have pics in our signatures? Why have so many forum regulars been banned e.g KarameaDave?

Daves not here man.

roddy_boy
23-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Why do you want animated avatars?, they are annoying

Why do you want pics in your signature??, apart from slowing down the loading of a site.

Maybe because they canít fellow these simple rules: http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=81855

Wowzers you haven't been around much lately.

Also, everyone should remember that OP is WMG.

Erayd
24-06-2010, 12:04 AM
For what it's worth, I'm definitely opposed to both animated avatars, and enabling the [IMG] tag. The forum is fine without them both, and not everyone has a broadband. The ads can be bad enough, let's not add to it.

Metla
24-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Can't imagine why anyone would waste a micro-second of their life deciding which camp to be in, The pros and cons of animated avatars are non-existent.

Though I can live without image signatures, If they ever were enabled (And it would take an act of god) then they would be turned off by default anyway.So no skin off my nose.

That aside, The least we could have is embedded youtube vids, they take up no storage space, the censuring is taken care of by youtube so they are all G rated and as demonstrated by the enabling of attaching images, the world does not end, and the forum is not suddenly overrun with people posting pics of midget sex.

goodiesguy
24-06-2010, 02:03 AM
karameadave is banned? wow i though he was a "goodiegood". it makes me feel better that he's banned. now i'm not the only one to have done something wrong.

and +1 to youtube embedded clips, it would save time having to follow a link to utube and would save usage as by looking at the piture you would be able to see what it looks like so you'd be able to decide wether to watch it

kahawai chaser
24-06-2010, 03:49 AM
Maybe a separate category for Youtube links? Their seems to be plenty of those links in this forum. We need separate categories like what they have in the USA forums I'm involved with. One common category is a "lounge" category. Even some of the tech threads here, go of on personal topics, cynical remarks, 1 on 1's, etc - so perhaps categories for those that enjoy such chats...

roddy_boy
24-06-2010, 05:15 AM
Na

bevy121
24-06-2010, 12:47 PM
haha - look at the years of campaigning involved for members to actually be permitted avatars!

...don't hold your breath waiting LOL!

Metla
24-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Imagine the possibilities, like......Video Association threads....

Twelvevolts
24-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Imagine the possibilities, like......Video Association threads....

One of your better ideas . . . :thanks:thanks :clap:clap:clap

Metla
24-06-2010, 01:48 PM
They are all the rage on Kiwibiker, Mostly music, Uncovered trillions of good songs.

Of course they also have a thread (started by the admin) called "in my pants" where you have to name a movie and finish it with "in my pants"

Far to childish for around these parts.:rolleyes:

Chilling_Silence
24-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Could imagine Lance4K having a field day with YouTube videos.

If you want them embedded, get Wave and use that with your mates. Heck, get Google Wave even if you don't want to.

The forums go slow enough from time to time without images as-is, do you really wanna make matters worse ? ;)

Twelvevolts
24-06-2010, 03:28 PM
They are all the rage on Kiwibiker, Mostly music, Uncovered trillions of good songs.

Of course they also have a thread (started by the admin) called "in my pants" where you have to name a movie and finish it with "in my pants"

Far to childish for around these parts.:rolleyes:

I'm sure we can stoop to new levels if we work at it. :waughh: