PDA

View Full Version : Former-gang-leaders-wife-appeals

Scouse
23-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Jeez.
I feel good about subsidising the lifestyle there people live.....

They have four children, three of whom are also drawing benefits.

In addition, they have received $30,000 in special-needs grants since 2000, including $16,000 in the past two years.

Among the successful applications were grants to put new tyres on the couple's 2007 silver Chrysler saloon and to fence a swimming pool at one of several properties the family owns in Christchurch.

The couple claimed they needed to sell the property and could not do so unless the pool was properly fenced.

Recent efforts to cancel Darryl Harris' sickness benefit failed after he obtained a medical opinion stating he was addicted to cannabis.

rob_on_guitar
23-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Yet all the pro cannabis say it's not addictive....

fred_fish
23-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Everything (including cutting yourself) is addictive to the right (or wrong) personality type.

There is no 'chemical addiction' as there is with nicotine or opiates etc., however, psychological addiction to anything is possible.

Hmm, I wonder if they'd pay me if I could get a doctor to state that I was addicted to laying about and being idle...

rob_on_guitar
23-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Everything (including cutting yourself) is addictive to the right (or wrong) personality type.

There is no 'chemical addiction' as there is with nicotine or opiates etc., however, psychological addiction to anything is possible.

Hmm, I wonder if they'd pay me if I could get a doctor to state that I was addicted to laying about and being idle...

Sorry I read that with a Dr Phil voice and laughed quite alot, but understand what you meant.:p

pctek
23-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Makes you sick.
Normal people who actually need assistance struggle to get anywhere with WINZ.
You have to be capable of extreme violence and then they do anything.

qazwsxokmijn
23-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Shoot her. Shoot her husband too, and their four kids, who are probably as scummy as their parents.

prefect
23-06-2010, 06:57 PM
You cant just go around shooting people

ubergeek85
23-06-2010, 07:21 PM

It's a shame.

It would be nice if we could have a legally-binding referendum on 'Should person 'x' be permanently removed from our society', or similar.

pctek
23-06-2010, 07:46 PM

Well in the US they executed someone by firing squad. Now he was in jail - but I bet those ones had been at some point too.

qazwsxokmijn
23-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Those things aren't people.

Trev
23-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Here. (http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/3844926/Former-gang-leaders-wife-appeals-jail-sentence) Part of the infamous Harris family.
:)

gary67
23-06-2010, 09:11 PM

But your always wanting to shoot people

prefect
23-06-2010, 09:14 PM
But your always wanting to shoot people

:)

mikebartnz
23-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Well in the US they executed someone by firing squad. Now he was in jail - but I bet those ones had been at some point too.
That guy chose to be topped by firing squad.

Twelvevolts
23-06-2010, 09:28 PM

Yes - flame throwers are more effective.

Sweep
23-06-2010, 09:29 PM
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

Cato
24-06-2010, 06:18 AM
Shoot her. Shoot her husband too, and their four kids, who are probably as scummy as their parents.

I like your attitude! Shoot all 'em buggers! Yeeehaw!

Didn't we make you sheriff a few months ago? We can't shoot them, but you certainly can.

How about we give you a nice 50 cal mounted on the back of a hummer and I'll drive you down to a prison and you cal go all Rambo on 'em.

^Sweep, me too, that's the only reason I bother waking up early every morning.

^Funny firing squads were not allowed to execute German generals after WW2 but allowed for criminals... Pretty weird.

kenj
24-06-2010, 07:15 AM
^Funny firing squads were not allowed to execute German generals after WW2 but allowed for criminals... Pretty weird.

They were not considered "Men of Honour"

The death sentences were carried out 16 October 1946 by hanging using the standard drop method instead of long drop. The U.S. army denied claims that the drop length was too short which caused the condemned to die slowly from strangulation instead of quickly from a broken neck.
The executioner was John C. Woods. Although the rumor has long persisted that the bodies were taken to Dachau and burned there, they were actually incinerated in a crematorium in Munich, and the ashes scattered over the river Isar. The French judges suggested the use of a firing squad for the military condemned, as is standard for military courts-martial, but this was opposed by Biddle and the Soviet judges. These argued that the military officers had violated their military ethos and were not worthy of the firing squad, which was considered to be more dignified. (Wikipedia)

Ken

prefect
24-06-2010, 12:23 PM
I agree war criminals should not have worthy warrior death from a firing squad.

Richard
24-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Oh dear, how sad, never mind. :crying

johcar
24-06-2010, 01:06 PM
She may be appealing, but she does absolutely nothing for me...

:D

SolMiester
24-06-2010, 01:19 PM

They do in The USA....LOL

Anyway, BOT.....The Harris's by all accounts are very nasty people and most of WINZ down there are too scared to say no to them, so you'll understand why they have rort the system for so long.

What I DONT understand is why a civil servant worth his salt hasnt actually had the balls to do something about it...Maybe our star MP Paula Bennett will sort them out by not holding my breath.