PDA

View Full Version : Synching with Outlook

Nomad
21-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Is it possible to sync outlook so you get everything the same? Does Outlook provide a feature for this or are you simply just export and importing?

Is it also possible to remote into one's home computer - is this just the Windows Remote Access feature? No one would be home. I know some use this for IT troubleshooting but would a end user use the same thing.

You need Server OS to set up VPN right?

Cheers...

gary67
21-06-2010, 08:36 PM
You can log in over the net using teamviewer, what are you hoping to sync out look with other computers a phone?

Nomad
21-06-2010, 08:41 PM
2 ways - a way to sync outlook - PC and laptop thru wireless or a ethernet cable.
The other way is if I am outside and forget to sync accessing that via 3G mobile phone/stick.

Team Viewer and Remote Windows is a bit goofy and over the top to just get Outlook.

gary67
21-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Most people I have seen syncing outlook are usually either plugging the phone into the computer or are near enough to use bluetooth or the wifi in the room

Alex B
21-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Depends on your mail provider, i use IMAP to do just this. As for remote accessing the PC, i use logmein for that.

fred_fish
22-06-2010, 12:38 AM
You could just sync the pst file, assuming you have compatible versions of outlook on each machine and you only use one at a time.

You could use rsync over the LAN or internet, as it can use ssh.
It will also only transfer the parts of the file that are different, to reduce bandwidth consumption.

Alex B
22-06-2010, 09:49 AM
^how are you going to sync a PST with a phone?

fred_fish
22-06-2010, 12:25 PM
You're not.
But that wasn't the question.