PDA

View Full Version : Illustrator Graphic Software FIles

29-08-2001, 02:26 PM
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can shed light on what probely is an easy solution but I havent not through lack of trying figured it out yet. I have Illustrator9 (Graphic Design Software) and have experimented in a couple of logo designs. My problem is, how do I import those designs, which I have saved as IllustratorEPS when I have finished my work. If I wanted to use the designed logo in MSPublisher or MS Word
or the like it wont accept it surely I can use the logo in other software applications other than Illustrator and Photoshop, would I have to burn the logo on a cd first for it to work? Any help would be valued as this is driving me insane PLEASE!!!

29-08-2001, 03:39 PM
Open the logo in Ilustrator again and save as Jpeg or Tiff or BMP, then they will open in nearly every type of program. EPS is only specific to some programs.

29-08-2001, 05:12 PM
THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!! You have saved the day and made my last 48 hours of racking my brains worthwhile, maybe if I used a little commonsence in the first place I wouldnt be here!!!! When I saved my logo I only had three options to save to which JPG and BMP etc etc wasn't included so I clicked on Export under file tab and Walaaaa the options of what you suggested were right in front of me, and yes I tryed it and yes there it appeared not the quality I was hoping for but alas it was there, so a BIG thankyou for taking the time to help.

31-08-2001, 06:54 PM
Michelle, I just wanted to add that if you load the image up in ilustrator, Hold down the shift key and draw a box around the whole image with the selection tool, you can then copy and paste your designs into word for exapmle, bypassing the quality loss.

Jess

02-09-2001, 05:44 PM
EPS stands for 'Encapsulated PostScript'; PostScript is a programming language, developed by Adobe roundabout 1985, and used to describe the appearance of a printed page.

Although Postscript is complex, it is also very powerful and flexible, which is why many high-end graphics apps use it. EPS in turn is a is used to describe graphics files, for export and importing to and from programs.

Many programs can't display Postscript directly, so there's often a low-resolution preview included in the EPS file. That way, you'll get at least some idea what the image will look like.

--
Juha