PDA

View Full Version : My Free Website Builder

AZ1
19-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Hey
I am now using My Free Website Builder http://www.myfreewebsitebuilder.com/ for my websites!
How do you publish it online?
Thanks

Sweep
19-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Have you got some hosting space somewhere? And a domain name?

And are the files kept locally on your computer at the moment?

AZ1
19-06-2010, 08:41 PM
I have the file saved in My Documents (Windows 7)
I have a domain http://www.az888.co.nr/

HELP!

Sweep
19-06-2010, 08:45 PM
So what you do is to transfer the files to your domain using an ftp client or similar.

Like Filezilla:-

http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

icow
19-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Hey
I am now using My Free Website Builder http://www.myfreewebsitebuilder.com/ for my websites!
How do you publish it online?
Thanks

You need to export it as .html and then upload it. You need all the stuff Sweep listed to do that.

If you want a free website builder that you need no .html knowledge for use and you want to just click "Publish" at it goes to the web you should try any of these:
yola.com
freewebs.com
moonfruit.com (by far the best)

These all look much better than what your using (doesn't mean they are). I normally avoid "budget" looking sites that supply software.

icow
19-06-2010, 08:47 PM
So what you do is to transfer the files to your domain using an ftp client or similar.

Like Filezilla:-

http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

:clap FileZilla is good.

AZ1
19-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Ok, I stiill like software though!

Sweep
19-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Personally I use WS FTP Pro but that's not free.

icow
19-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Ok, I stiill like software though!

Software generally has more features and is better quallity but it means that you have to use ftp software (FileZilla) to upload stuff and if your not good with tech this can be a problem.

Have you tried Nvu?

AZ1
19-06-2010, 08:55 PM
So filezilla asks for your username, password,port and hosts.
What do I do?
I might use moon fruit!
But if I can I will use wix

AZ1
19-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I have tried NVU, I do not like it too much,
Where a the nvu templates?

Sweep
19-06-2010, 09:03 PM
So filezilla asks for your username, password,port and hosts.
What do I do?
I might use moon fruit!
But if I can I will use wix

All that info should have been supplied to you by your hosting provider.

Looked to me that your site was created using Wix something and you have not actually created a site yet.

AZ1
19-06-2010, 09:21 PM
I have started but I am struggling to publish it.

Sweep
19-06-2010, 09:27 PM
So have you got a username and password for your site. If so then tell Filezilla what it is. Normally you would use Port 21. And upload the files to /public_html

AZ1
19-06-2010, 09:34 PM
what do I right for the host name!

Sweep
19-06-2010, 09:40 PM
ftp.az888.co.nr

AZ1
19-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Its not really working.

Sweep
19-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Its not really working.

In what way?

Renmoo
20-06-2010, 12:17 AM
1) Have you looked through the help and support web page for .nr?
2) Have you looked through their help forum?
3) Have you read through their FAQ?
4) If you still can't get it write, perhaps writing a post on their forum regarding getting this write might help.

Cheers :)

stu161204
20-06-2010, 03:12 AM
Question:

Have you got a web host? (You need somewhere to host your website, as if you have no where to put your website then no one will be able to see it.)

If you donít have a web host then I suggest maybe going somewhere like http://www.tripod.lycos.com/ (a good place to start) & then if you still want to use your .CO.NR Free Domain Name then you can redirect that to your tripod web hosting account (the support section of .CO.NR shoud be able to help you out.

If you need any more help or have question let me know :)

AZ1
20-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I have a web hoster- Wix.com
Should I enter my Wix username and Password for FileZilla and what is the port number for Wix?

What some other apps like FileZilla? :)

kahawai chaser
20-06-2010, 09:31 PM
I use core ftp lite for one of my sites. So try that one, and their are also online FTP programs (Just Google them). So try those FTP's, with your wix user name and password, and try suggestions noted earlier about help, or contact your host, etc.

stu161204
21-06-2010, 12:29 AM
I have a web hoster- Wix.com

Their is your problem, Wix.com is not a web host as per say, its a host, but you cant upload anything to it, you have to create it online

From: http://support.wix.com/index.php/Wixpedia searching "FTP"

Does Wix offer FTP ?
Wix doesn't have FTP . We only host the documents that are created by our users.
You can't upload external files to Wix.

You need to sign up to tripod & you should be able to upload your files their.

Sweep
21-06-2010, 12:28 PM
And to think way back in post 2 I asked:-

Have you got some hosting space somewhere? And a domain name?

Sigh.

kahawai chaser
21-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Good points noted from the previous two members. It seems you were confused between a standalone web site host and a online web host and web creation company. Well never mind - but I would check many other web online services and reviews if you intend to use a online web site creation service.

Depending on your web site goals, their are also popular article directories and ezines. Also the popular Hub Pages and Squidoo lens. Of course simple website online creators like Google Sites, YOLA, Weebly, and others. Maybe a blog would be sufficient e.g. Wordpress or Blogger. That's how I started - but generally best to learn HTML, PHP, CSS, Javascript, SEO, etc if you want to create your own website - has many advantages.

AZ1
22-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I have a hosting spot from Wix and a domain from co.nr. I am looking for applictaions!

kahawai chaser
23-06-2010, 08:06 AM
What are you trying to achieve? It's unclear if you want to create a website and if so, for what purpose - i.e. to promote products, article writing, educational, tutorials, or what?

Could you be specific about applications you are trying to look for?
Do you mean to embed in a web site's front end
- i.e. using widgets or gadgets for visual appeal (like translation, visitor count, etc)
- Or source code applications - like tracking, visitor stats (e.g. google analytics) or scripting apps - contact forms, etc
- adding affiliate or advertising or what?

AZ1
23-06-2010, 05:22 PM
I am creating a website for article writing!
I am looking for a type of software that is WSYSIWYG!
Anyother programmes are welcome! :)

kahawai chaser
23-06-2010, 07:34 PM
I presume you want to either submit your own articles online on to wix.com, so as to:
- effectively create a content based website.
- Or create a online article directory, of which dozens exist - e.g. GoArticles (http://www.goarticles.com/), Article Dashboard, Article Trader (http://www.articletrader.com/), Ezine (http://ezinearticles.com/), etc for people to submit articles to back link to their business websites or blogs.
- Or you may be looking for an auto article spinner and/or directory submitter; What they do is they rewrite one article into numerous articles of similar content - targeting the primary keywords. Then you can use a auto software to quickly submit the reversed articles in to numerous article directories. Often the paid for versions work the best, and are used extensively by niche bloggers and web site publishers for promoting their content.Best Article Spinner (http://www.bestarticlespinner.net/) is popular.
- Or you want a ready made optimized template/process to determine relevant and highly searched for content. Software - which cost - are Micro Niche Finder, Google "Sniper" and the "Xfactor" templates. All are popular (in the USA/UK) for finding highly searched for keywords/search terms for articles and to optimize for search engines.

AZ1
23-06-2010, 07:46 PM
I do not really like using online web builders. There are abit more features on the app builders, so I preferred the apps. Does webs.com let you upload ftp?

Sweep
23-06-2010, 07:59 PM
I do not really like using online web builders. There are abit more features on the app builders, so I preferred the apps. Does webs.com let you upload ftp?

So what you really need is hosting at a reasonable cost. Would $1.00 a month be acceptable for hosting?

AZ1
23-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I would like hosting for fee, if I can!

Sweep
23-06-2010, 08:06 PM
OK. Go find same then.

icow
23-06-2010, 08:09 PM

It has it's own uploader. like uploading pics to the web. Also it automatically recognizes index.htm and html files and makes them the home page.

robbyp
23-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I would like hosting for fee, if I can!

You get what you pay for , or don't pay for, and hosting is so cheap, it doesn't pay to muck around with rubbishy cheap or free services. You may spend hundreds of hours building your website, but that time is wasted if people can't then view the website. There maybe some free ones around, but they are likely to be unreliable, and you won't get any support or help. They also may only be short lived. I would also recommend not using an online web builder, as you are then usually stuck using the host that you set it up with, and you will lose the website if they ever go under.

Sweep
23-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I create a web site using an application on my PC.

I then upload to a host. Modify using same app and upload again using WS_FTP but Filezilla would do the same.

kahawai chaser
24-06-2010, 03:32 AM
I use the free host from Netfirms - the basic hosting plan for another site of mine. But only a temporary/trial basis to create a promo site to direct to other sites/blogs of mine.

As earlier noted, free hosts can vanish (e.g. Yahoo Geo Cities and Google Pages) and have limitation -e.g. low bandwidth, upload file size, restricted file size, limited image hot links, no embedded flash scripts, etc.

Might be ok for temp/promotion sites, or basic club site or something similar. I have only used them for simple 1 - 2 promo page sites. Set and forget, then delete them or convert to full fledged blog/site if worthwhile. But increasingly though - their are many established article directories (Hubpages, Ezine Articles, Helium, etc as I mentioned earlier, which many are using for articles (what you mentioned earlier). Or blogs on your own domain, e.g. Wordpress.

I don't use NZ hosts - but I believe Go Daddy host is popular in the USA, but Google around for reviews. If this is your first time for web articles - I would be also considering more about articles/content quality, SEO techniques, in addition to hosting.

AZ1
24-06-2010, 11:34 PM
I might try Google Pages. Geo City has ran away!

Sweep
24-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Try anything you like but you have already had advice that you appear to ignore.

AZ1
24-06-2010, 11:55 PM
I am trying to find something for free. Not really a trial though!

Sweep
25-06-2010, 12:01 AM
I am trying to find something for free. Not really a trial though!

I gathered that already. But if you don't want to pay then I doubt you can do it.

kahawai chaser
25-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Free version ONLINE web site perhaps for trying out on a limited scale, learn html/css/etc for now - then try create a self hosted web site....

AZ1
26-06-2010, 09:04 PM
So will Google Sites not work?

Agent_24
26-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Try these guys http://www.000webhost.com/

ubergeek85
27-06-2010, 01:49 AM
For what it sound like you want to do, just get a wordpress blog. It's free, and you get something like yourblogname.wordpress.com . They charge a small fee if you want to use a proper domain name with them (ie: yourblogname.com), but there is a way around this. I know for the free .co.cc supplier, they let you do a hard-coded redirect (ie, they host a very, very small page that goes to whatever you tell it to automatically), your domain name supplier may offer this too.