PDA

View Full Version : Hint of the day

Metla
18-06-2010, 02:38 PM
For all those with murderous intent, It may pay to do some research before you murder a family member, It seems that murdering your wife is far more serious then murdering your grand daughter.

Presumably its an age thing, Killing children must be more acceptable then killing a fully grown woman.

A man who stabbed his wife to death on the forecourt of a Wellington service station was today jailed for life, with a minimum non-parole period of 14-1/2 years.

A Marton woman was today jailed for five years nine months for killing her three-year-old granddaughter, known as Cherish.

So, Hint of the Day, Murder your Grand Children. Not the wife.

Zippity
18-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Sure it isn't race related?

Metla
18-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Now thats a loaded question.

johcar
18-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Does Zippity play Rugby, League or AFL???

:D

Zippity
18-06-2010, 03:29 PM
None of the above :)

pctek
18-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Presumably its an age thing, Killing children must be more acceptable then killing a fully grown woman.

Yes that's how I figured it. She had only been here 3 years so it didn't matter so much apparently.

And it's a NZ hobby it seems:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10652664

Dylan Rimoni (aged 3) was in bed struggling to breathe and slowly dying from a brain injury while his caregiver Patricia Pickering played internet poker waiting for him to recover.

qazwsxokmijn
18-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Heh with parents like that the kids probably will grow up into some criminal anyway. Saves us the money from keeping them alive in prisons. Sad I know but what can you do......statistical probability is just against them.

Metla
18-06-2010, 05:59 PM
So,all things considered, as long as this bloke has brown skin he should get 9 months home detention.

An 11-month child suffered two broken legs and a fractured skull after an allegedly being assaulted by an adult.

Last night a 45-year-old man from Wanganui was arrested and charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and failing to provide necessities for a child.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a walk into the bush and a bullet in the temple.

R2x1
18-06-2010, 07:28 PM
A compost pit is a great place for these people to begin their reform process.

Twelvevolts
18-06-2010, 08:09 PM
For all those with murderous intent, It may pay to do some research before you murder a family member, It seems that murdering your wife is far more serious then murdering your grand daughter.

So, Hint of the Day, Murder your Grand Children. Not the wife.

Well based only on the information you provided, the second case wasn't murder (that is less than the minimum sentence) so presumably it was manslaughter. Therefore the difference is in fact most likely to have been the lack of intent in the second case.

Metla
18-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Well based only on the information you provided, the second case wasn't murder (that is less than the minimum sentence) so presumably it was manslaughter. Therefore the difference is in fact most likely to have been the lack of intent in the second case.

Its a case of causing so much trauma to a 3 year old child's head that her brain hemorrhaged and she died slowly and in great pain. Lack of intent? I piss on it. And the scum who didn't try her as a murderer.

The killer then refused to give any information to the medical staff that tried to save her life, and then blamed the pre-school aged cousin when it went to court.

Yeah yeah, I know, Weak victims and all their attention seeking, all that dieing and stuff just to make the poor killer look bad.

Metla
18-06-2010, 08:24 PM
This however is awesome.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3829109/Chinese-to-try-Mohini-suspect-in-Shanghai

Whats the bet they are finished by morning tea, execution and all.:thumbs:

We should ask them to set up a court here.First thing we can get them to look into is that complaint from the Greens.

qazwsxokmijn
18-06-2010, 08:28 PM
This however is awesome.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3829109/Chinese-to-try-Mohini-suspect-in-Shanghai
Oh man one of the best piece of news that's come to NZ for a while now. So happy at the thought of the guy possibly getting executed. :D

Metla
18-06-2010, 08:29 PM
So, we have learned a few things.

Choose a young victim
Be black. Ok, Most of them have that sorted
Bash them to death, using a weapon demonstrates intent
Do not flee to China, stay in NZ,chances are you will be sent home for a few months.

Twelvevolts
18-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Its a case of causing so much trauma to a 3 year old child's head that her brain hemorrhaged and she died slowly and in great pain. Lack of intent? I piss on it. And the scum who didn't try her as a murderer.

The killer then refused to give any information to the medical staff that tried to save her life, and then blamed the pre-school aged cousin when it went to court.

Yeah yeah, I know, Weak victims and all their attention seeking, all that dieing and stuff just to make the poor killer look bad.

I don't know anything about the second case, the first one though happened right outside the place where my son works, just down the road from here. I happened to go past while the area was cordoned off and the Police were still working at the scene, it was sobering to say the least. The life sentence seems fair enough to me, it was clearly pre-meditated and the guy should be locked away for a long time.

prefect
18-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Quite incredible a judge would sentence somebody to 5.9 yrs jail for murder when the normal sentence here in NZ up to the 1960s would have been death by hanging.

mikebartnz
18-06-2010, 10:04 PM
This however is awesome.

Whats the bet they are finished by morning tea, execution and all.:thumbs:

We should ask them to set up a court here.First thing we can get them to look into is that complaint from the Greens.
That is great news as the poor old NZ tax payer will be so much better off.

Twelvevolts
19-06-2010, 01:01 AM
Quite incredible a judge would sentence somebody to 5.9 yrs jail for murder when the normal sentence here in NZ up to the 1960s would have been death by hanging.

It was Manslaughter according to Stuff and no one has ever been hanged for that in New Zealand.

Fortunately New Zealand has a very low murder rate compared to most developed countries, and with only about eight hangings in about eighty years, we can be fairly confident that our low murder rate isn't because of fear of execution.

mikebartnz
19-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Fortunately New Zealand has a very low murder rate compared to most developed countries, and with only about eight hangings in about eighty years, we can be fairly confident that our low murder rate isn't because of fear of execution.
There have been no executions since 1961 when the death penalty was abolished so there has been no fear of execution since then. Walter Bolton was the last one in 1957. I wouldn't say we had a very low murder rate but back in the fifties there were only about two or three a year. We have 12 per million.
Quote from (http://newzeelend.wordpress.com/2010/03/31/new-zealand-murder-rate-highest-in-oecd/) "Killing rate in New Zealand is twice that of Australiaís,and 4 times that of Japan and Britainís."

Zippity
19-06-2010, 02:24 AM
"[The hundreds of motorcyclists and drivers killed in police chases are not included in this report.]"

Yep. I'd sure trust that source :( :(

mikebartnz
19-06-2010, 02:33 AM
"[The hundreds of motorcyclists and drivers killed in police chases are not included in this report.]"

Yep. I'd sure trust that source :( :(
Well there other links there to other sources which you shouldn't have trouble trusting. It doesn't get away from the fact that NZ is a very violent society.

Cicero
19-06-2010, 08:50 AM
So,all things considered, as long as this bloke has brown skin he should get 9 months home detention.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a walk into the bush and a bullet in the temple.

You must live in a posh area,we don't have temples in our bush!

prefect
19-06-2010, 09:36 AM
I dont care if the jury said it was manslaughter, they were wrong. To me it was cold blooded murder.
I wonder what a whanau based justice system would give out as a punishment

Cicero
19-06-2010, 10:13 AM
I dont care if the jury said it was manslaughter, they were wrong. To me it was cold blooded murder.
I wonder what a whanau based justice system would give out as a punishment

A week in Rotarua,probably.

Twelvevolts
19-06-2010, 12:23 PM
There have been no executions since 1961 when the death penalty was abolished so there has been no fear of execution since then. Walter Bolton was the last one in 1957. I wouldn't say we had a very low murder rate but back in the fifties there were only about two or three a year. We have 12 per million.
Quote from (http://newzeelend.wordpress.com/2010/03/31/new-zealand-murder-rate-highest-in-oecd/) "Killing rate in New Zealand is twice that of Australiaís,and 4 times that of Japan and Britainís."

Well I was referring to the following web site

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita

Certainly suggest New Zealand has higher rate than Australia and other sources suggest the same.

Either way, fortunately New Zealand and Australia have relatively low murders rates and low crimes rates overall. Of course no murders would be ideal, one thing I think everyone can agree with.

Twelvevolts
19-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Just reading comparitive stats on this site http://violentdeathproject.com/countries/new-zealand

Life expectancy is 80 and chance of violent death here pretty much the same as other western countries other than United States where it is much higher, but still relatively safe.

As you'd expect - 1910's and 1940's were a really bad time, but today we're described as Utopia. although some concern noted in the VDR to life expectancy rate.

Looks like maybe Oz is safer on this criteria.

Sweep
19-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Twelvevolts:-

Had you not noticed then, in that site the chances of violent death had two large spikes at the same time of the first and second world wars? Now when somebody dies in a war it's not called murder.

You can die a violent death by jumping out of a plane and your parachute fails to open along with a multitude of other causes for that matter. So I have to wonder what actual figures are included.

Another of your strawman arguements.

I am for bringing back the death penalty for certain offenders like, for example, William Bell and Graham Burton. One thing the death penalty ensures is that the offender will never be let out on parole to offend again.

Metla
19-06-2010, 01:08 PM
I haven't looked at the links but they maybe discussing death rates rather then murder, it gives a better indicator of what is going on in society.

Though its always worth noting if the murder rates climb, But its much like our unemployment benefit vs sickness benefit.

I'd imagine most of the kiddie killings that happen so often in NZ don't get classed as murder.

prefect
19-06-2010, 01:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
I think our rate is way higher than listed here as discussed above they aint putting the kiddie killers in and manslaughter which is murder by another word. We would be at less than the Iceland rate (they drink harder and get depressed in winter) if it were not for a certain part of our population doing most of the killing.

johcar
19-06-2010, 02:34 PM
You must live in a posh area,we don't have temples in our bush!

You're a sikh man Cicero! :D

rob_on_guitar
19-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Though its always worth noting if the murder rates climb, But its much like our unemployment benefit vs sickness benefit.

I always wondered if a lot of murderers get charged manslaughter instead of murder to keep the numbers down to justify selling NZ 'peaceful' image to tourism. Or some other silly excuse. It would not surprise me in the least.

Just like our low unemployment rate was kept because now the unemployed are depressed.

Of course I could be just polishing my tin foil hat, still, would be nice to see a punishment fit the crime, like take a life, your life will be taken. The end.

Sweep
19-06-2010, 03:37 PM
It's fairly simple Rob. To prove Murder you have to prove INTENT to kill. To prove Manslaughter you only have to prove that the actions caused the death.

Zippity
19-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Well there other links there to other sources which you shouldn't have trouble trusting. It doesn't get away from the fact that NZ is a very violent society.

I was challenging the word "hundreds" :(

What a load of BS.

Metla
19-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Someone claimed there were hundreds of deaths each year in police chases?

Lmfao.

Whats the real figure?, My guess is 4 a year, and I'd call it suicide.

prefect
19-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Maybe galaxy wide its in the hundreds.

Cicero
19-06-2010, 06:20 PM
You're a sikh man Cicero! :D

Had there been temples,I might have owned up.:o

Billy T
19-06-2010, 07:20 PM
A compost pit is a great place for these people to begin their reform process.

I believe this is called rebirthing, and even the worst of the child-raping kid-murdering scumbags can come back as a quite respectable tree, or, if their ambitions or intellect are not that high, at the very least as a moderately productive vegetable garden.

They are no good as fish bait though, they don't have the attention span or patience and keep on turning up on beaches instead of staying where the fish need them.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :p

Twelvevolts
19-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Twelvevolts:-

Had you not noticed then, in that site the chances of violent death had two large spikes at the same time of the first and second world wars? Now when somebody dies in a war it's not called murder.

You can die a violent death by jumping out of a plane and your parachute fails to open along with a multitude of other causes for that matter. So I have to wonder what actual figures are included.

Another of your strawman arguements.

I am for bringing back the death penalty for certain offenders like, for example, William Bell and Graham Burton. One thing the death penalty ensures is that the offender will never be let out on parole to offend again.

Yes I knew when the world wars were and I realised the spikes corresponded to the World Wars.

The site went on to say.

I started this site because I think there are a great deal of misconceptions when it comes to how dangerous a society is. I can only speak for the United States, but here I am always taken aback by how dangerous the era we live in is thought to be, even though the statistics donít back that up. I also have noticed that people even take pride in the thought of living in an abnormally violent society. I can only speculate as to the underlying motive for those feelings.

And he lives in a much more violent society than New Zealand and yet people still have the perception it is relatively dangerous here. It's pretty safe here but clearly no place in the world is completely safe and as stated here, we have had a murder here very recently.

If you prefer murder rates versus violent death stats, we're still well down the rankings and places like South Africa are places you wouldn't want to move to.

There are good reasons people don't want the death penalty,and one of course is getting the wrong person as has been demonstrated happens all to often by the Innocence Project.

Sweep
22-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Would you at least agree that New Zealand is a less safe place now in which to live than it was say 30 or 40 years ago for the average reasonably law abiding citizen per head of population?

Personally I don't care how safe or unsafe it may appear to be elsewhere.

prefect
22-06-2010, 03:41 PM
The statistics dont tell you one thing, and thats who is doing the majority of the offending who they are doing it to. Most of it luckily is inhouse so to speak.
My theory is keep your head down and you should be right by following some rules

Dont **** with another mans wife
Dont get lippy to you know who at bars or if they been drinking you are gone burger
Dont get involved in drug trade
Dont work in a 24 hr service station, bank dairy or liquor store.
Dont drive a taxi unless you have knife under the seat and be trained how to use it
Start running if someone is getting angry because the breakfast menu at Mackers has finished for the day.
Be careful if your wife wants you to walk near a cliff or wants to climb Lion Rock.

SolMiester
22-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Yhanks for that Mike, 12V must be suffering input lag, like most liberals!...LOL

Zippity
22-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Can the quote source above be relied upon? :( :(

It also claims "The hundreds of motorcyclists and drivers killed in police chases are not included in this report." - a quote that I challenged previously in this thread.

If the second quote is highly dubious, what credence can be given to any of the others?

mikebartnz
22-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Can the quote source above be relied upon? :( :(

It also claims "The hundreds of motorcyclists and drivers killed in police chases are not included in this report." - a quote that I challenged previously in this thread.

If the second quote is highly dubious, what credence can be given to any of the others?
From that link there are other links that you may find more trust worthy as I have said before but it still doesn't change the fact that we are a lot more violent than back pre 70's.

Metal Head
22-06-2010, 08:48 PM
The statistics dont tell you one thing, and thats who is doing the majority of the offending who they are doing it to. Most of it luckily is inhouse so to speak.
My theory is keep your head down and you should be right by following some rules

Dont **** with another mans wife
Dont get lippy to you know who at bars or if they been drinking you are gone burger
Dont get involved in drug trade
Dont work in a 24 hr service station, bank dairy or liquor store.
Dont drive a taxi unless you have knife under the seat and be trained how to use it
Start running if someone is getting angry because the breakfast menu at Mackers has finished for the day.
Be careful if your wife wants you to walk near a cliff or wants to climb Lion Rock.

Very sound advice - and don't walk down any a dark alley in the early hours of the morning

Twelvevolts
22-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Yhanks for that Mike, 12V must be suffering input lag, like most liberals!...LOL

The suggestions that past times were less violent has obvious problems to over come - let's start with World War Two. Now is the best time ever for children to grow up - they are safer and have more freedom than any time in the past. Freedom has its down side but personally I'd rather be free than under the control of communists or facists or whatever other philosophy you're promoting this week.

mikebartnz
22-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Now is the best time ever for children to grow up - they are safer and have more freedom than any time in the past.
If you are talking about NZ you are totally wrong.
Don't bring war into it as none of us are referring to that type of violence.

Twelvevolts
22-06-2010, 10:04 PM
If you are talking about NZ you are totally wrong.
Don't bring war into it as none of us are referring to that type of violence.

New Zealand young men went overseas and many got killed - sorry to bring you up to date on that. So what is your theory for this supposed peaceful time in the 1950's then. You see no link between the two?

mikebartnz
22-06-2010, 10:19 PM
New Zealand young men went overseas and many got killed - sorry to bring you up to date on that. So what is your theory for this supposed peaceful time in the 1950's then. You see no link between the two?
The second world war occurred late thirties early forties not the fifties but I think it is better if I just ignore you.

Twelvevolts
22-06-2010, 10:32 PM
The second world war occurred late thirties early forties not the fifties but I think it is better if I just ignore you.

It appears you can't see the connection - war ended in 1945 by the way and there were around 12000 New Zealand deaths. What impact do you think that might have had on the 1950's with a population of about 1.6 million? If you don't think there is a link, what do you attribute this peaceful time in the 1950's to?

mikebartnz
22-06-2010, 10:46 PM
It appears you can't see the connection - war ended in 1945 by the way and there were around 12000 New Zealand deaths. What impact do you think that might have had on the 1950's with a population of about 1.6 million? If you don't think there is a link, what do you attribute this peaceful time in the 1950's to?
Just studying the pub scene throws a spanner in the works of a reduced male population.

Metla
22-06-2010, 10:54 PM
I've always considered the 50's to be an abnormality caused by the shock to the national mindset by the war.

And that looking back at the good old days to be complete and utter bullocks and delusional.

Everything leading up to this point was worse.We live like kings.

Twelvevolts
22-06-2010, 11:09 PM
I've always considered the 50's to be an abnormality caused by the shock to the national mindset by the war.

And that looking back at the good old days to be complete and utter bullocks and delusional.

Everything leading up to this point was worse.We live like kings.

Well I'm inclined to think you're close to the mark there especially as no alternative theory has been presented itself.

Twelvevolts
22-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Just studying the pub scene throws a spanner in the works of a reduced male population.

Sounds like you spent way too much time studying the pub scene.

prefect
22-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Looking at my kids I would say the good ol days are today.

No cane or strap at school
My kids dont get intimated by teachers or police they know their civil rights
Mind blowing electronic games to play
Bullies can get taken out by the school easily
Girls seem to chop it up more nowdays
Cars are cheap and go fast
RTDs like woodies (I love them wish they were around in my day)
Instant communication with texts and facebook and ims
Kids cant have contact counseling done on them by parents
If you are homosexual kid nowdays no biggie its mainstream
Get plenty of travel and overseas travel (I never saw a train until I was 16)
No conscription or 18 year old call up
Girls can take engineering at school and guys cooking or typing

The good ol days werent in the seventies imo they are right ******* now.

NZ wasnt like russia after ww2 the amount of people killed didnt put anything out of kilter.
The fifites were prosperous the world needed our wool to keep the troops killing commies in korea warm.

Twelvevolts
22-06-2010, 11:44 PM
NZ wasnt like russia after ww2 the amount of people killed didnt put anything out of kilter.
The fifites were prosperous the world needed our wool to keep the troops killing commies in korea warm.

These wars are starting to sound beneficial.

mikebartnz
22-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Wool was worth a pound a pound and townies went out into the country and picked wool off barbed wire fences. Imagine where we would be if the price was worth the equivalent.

mikebartnz
22-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Sounds like you spent way too much time studying the pub scene.
:groan:

SolMiester
23-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Looking at my kids I would say the good ol days are today.

No cane or strap at school
My kids dont get intimated by teachers or police they know their civil rights
Mind blowing electronic games to play
Bullies can get taken out by the school easily
Girls seem to chop it up more nowdays
Cars are cheap and go fast
RTDs like woodies (I love them wish they were around in my day)
Instant communication with texts and facebook and ims
Kids cant have contact counseling done on them by parents
If you are homosexual kid nowdays no biggie its mainstream
Get plenty of travel and overseas travel (I never saw a train until I was 16)
No conscription or 18 year old call up
Girls can take engineering at school and guys cooking or typing

The good ol days werent in the seventies imo they are right ******* now.

No cane or strap at school = Disobedient & rude bastards!
My kids dont get intimated by teachers or police they know their civil rights = see above
Mind blowing electronic games to play = Kids get bored easily today
Bullies can get taken out by the school easily = Oh, were you bullied Prefect? <sniff>
Girls seem to chop it up more nowdays = ? whats this mean!
Cars are cheap and go fast = more deaths all round then!
RTDs like woodies (I love them wish they were around in my day) = nasty sweet **** - total rip off
Instant communication with texts and facebook and ims = lost communication skills
Kids cant have contact counseling done on them by parents = What?
If you are homosexual kid nowdays no biggie its mainstream = mainstream, what an idiot
Get plenty of travel and overseas travel (I never saw a train until I was 16) = this is good, well done Prefect!
No conscription or 18 year old call up = Wars are all about technology, soldier are less required
Girls can take engineering at school and guys cooking or typing = Yay, lets fark-up identity sets

prefect
23-06-2010, 02:13 PM
I take it you disagree lol. I wasnt bullied at school, others were and I did nothing, but was very impressed with anti bullying protocols my kids school has.
Didnt see a train because none in Nelson never had a holiday because I worked school holidays fencing and as rousie in wool shed. Also tobacco farm work is continuous all year.
I take it you are a bit anti homo?