PDA

View Full Version : Sicko judge

prefect
16-06-2010, 01:10 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10652177

Man this judge sure takes the cake.
Hope the sicko can sleep at night with the slap with a wet bus ticket sentence he imposed.
Not sure I would be as composed as the lady who got crushed.

gary67
16-06-2010, 01:31 PM
That is the most pathetic sentence ever the woman who caused the crash should be strung up

KarameaDave
16-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Pretty poor, not really sending the right message to these
drunken menaces on our roads.:groan:

--Wolf--
16-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Also forgetting the money the driver has to pay, the community service, the justice course and the loss of license.

No one died. As far as I'm concerned, for a drink driving charge, in NZ, that is somewhat harsh.

The person who got crushed sounds like an attention seeker.

"When her sentence was read out in Tauranga District Court on Monday, Mrs Dennerly said she angrily stormed out of court."

Good to know she can still "angrily storm" out of court, yet she hopes she might be able to drive an auto car one day? cmon

Twelvevolts
16-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Looks like a really well considered sentence that involved the victim in coming up with a reparation deal and imposed if anything a tough sentence.

This politically correct victim whinging is just a symptom of the American victimitis that is creeping into this country, any victim who storms out of the court is hardly suffering as much as they're trying to make out.

I think they like the sympathy from people who are sucked in to the bleeding heart story. If you feel so sorry for her Prefect - write out a large cheque for her to make her feel better.

Paul.Cov
16-06-2010, 07:16 PM
This was a young driver more than double the drinking limit, on her 4th offence. She should be shot in order to finish the problem of her alcoholism and repeat driving offences.

I side with the victim - her life will be permanently tainted by this injury. Meantime this young offender has many, many years in which she will probably continue to re-offend and ultimately damage property or health of herself and others.

What does it take to give a judge the revelation that a piss-head repeat offender will not change their ways?

Perhaps repeat drunk drivers should have the words "Not to be supplied alcohol" tattooed across their face. It's not as harsh as it might sound.

Twelvevolts
16-06-2010, 07:31 PM
This was a young driver more than double the drinking limit, on her 4th offence. She should be shot in order to finish the problem of her alcoholism and repeat driving offences.

I side with the victim - her life will be permanently tainted by this injury. Meantime this young offender has many, many years in which she will probably continue to re-offend and ultimately damage property or health of herself and others.

What does it take to give a judge the revelation that a piss-head repeat offender will not change their ways?

Perhaps repeat drunk drivers should have the words "Not to be supplied alcohol" tattooed across their face. It's not as harsh as it might sound.

Yeah those sound like really sensible sentencing options - good luck with getting the law passed for those.

Metla
16-06-2010, 07:53 PM
This politically correct victim whinging .

Bloody victims, who the hell do they think they are with all their pain and suffering aye?

Lets attack them.

Paul.Cov
16-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Bloody victims, who the hell do they think they are with all their pain and suffering aye?

Lets attack them.

Better do it with a car... you wouldn't want to get in trouble by assaulting them in the old fashioned way.

I'm also annoyed at the drink driving cop being let off recently. He knows the rules as well as anyone else - unless he was drunk in the service of an undercover role, then he should face the same consequences as the rest of us... a slap on the hand, a fine, and a loss of licence that he will ignore if he's typical of most drunks in the courts.

--Wolf--
16-06-2010, 08:11 PM

Um 4th DRIVING OFFENCE - no where did it say 4th drink driving offence, so don't know why you're trying to make her sound like an alcoholic drink driver.

If it WAS her 3rd drink driving offence over the age of 21 ( i think ) she would've gone to jail regardless of what/who she hit.

Metla
16-06-2010, 08:14 PM
I can't wrap my head around the fact that if you attack,cripple, or kill a person with your car its a lesser crime.

They should call it the same as if you walked into the street and fired a gun.

As for the cop, They should never be put under less scrutiny then everyone else, who the hell are they to restrict what others do if they themselves don't follow the rules?

That is exactly why they don't get the respect, and its a craphole as many of them deserve respect.

--Wolf--
16-06-2010, 08:52 PM
I can't wrap my head around the fact that if you attack,cripple, or kill a person with your car its a lesser crime.

Because accidents happen?

KarameaDave
16-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Did she accidentally get pissed, then decide to go for burgers?

Metla
16-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Because accidents happen?

Incidents, and they are always caused by the actions of the guilty person.

Twelvevolts
16-06-2010, 09:03 PM

Lets attack them.

I'm sure she'd feel a whole lot better if the offender got shot, I can see how that works at healing the pain.

--Wolf--
16-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Incidents, and they are always caused by the actions of the guilty person.

Never mind car failure, road conditions etc?

I remember there used to be a program on TV ages ago, can't remember the name, SCU? And they'd go through and rule out driver, road, car etc

Metla
16-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Never mind car failure, road conditions etc?

what, the car went and got boozed up, and then the road crushed an innocents women's legs,so the driver is a victim.

Remove the mindset that its a car, and we all accept car death and destruction as a fact of life, and consider it a hazardous device likely to kill when used irresponsibly.Something that should be used with utmost care and to avoid harm.

And how was it used?

By a drunk who smashed into a parked car and crushed a women and altered the rest of her life.

10 years in jail sounds about right if it was her first boozed-maiming person driving incident.

Part of being a man is facing up to the consequences of your actions, this should apply to young ladies as well. Would you blame others or conditions if you had pulled that stunt?

decibel
16-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Um 4th DRIVING OFFENCE - no where did it say 4th drink driving offence, so don't know why you're trying to make her sound like an alcoholic drink driver.

Yes it does - immediately below the big advertisement- and it is the fact that she IS a fourth time offender that she should have gone to jail.

Twelvevolts
16-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Technically she went to jail - it is just with the high prison musters and the high cost of keeping people there, they allow offenders to serve their sentence in their home under restrictions.

All you people who want to have everyone locked up should be able to volunteer for a higher tax rate to pay for the prison sentences you want.

I bet when it came to putting your money where your mouth is you'd suddenly not want to cough up.

beeswax34
17-06-2010, 01:27 AM

If it WAS her 3rd drink driving offence over the age of 21 ( i think ) she would've gone to jail regardless of what/who she hit.

"It was her fourth driving offence."

RTFA!

prefect
17-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Jail is where she should go because the punishment listed for the offence is jail. What right has a judge got to sentence a serial drink driver and violent offender to something less.
Its a real slap in the face for the victim. Its all about the victim she is ruined for life.
The Sensible Sentencing Trust need to make more noise about this offender and the government needs to fire this judge rfn.

--Wolf--
17-06-2010, 10:39 AM
FOURTH DRIVING OFFENCE.

DRIVING OFFENCE DOES NOT EQUAL DRINK DRIVING OFFENCE.

And Melta, in this case it was obviously the drivers fault, but you made it out to sound like every accident, sorry, incident is the cause of the driver which it is not.

Metla
17-06-2010, 11:13 AM
And Melta, in this case it was obviously the drivers fault, but you made it out to sound like every accident, sorry, incident is the cause of the driver which it is not.

Of course it is, If they were driving a well maintained vehicle in a manner that suited the conditions and to their abilities the incident would not have happened.

If you can show me a single incident that could not have been avoided I would love to hear about it.

Acts of god notwithstanding.

--Wolf--
17-06-2010, 11:45 AM
So im guessing you never saw that program I mentioned...car faults do occur out of the drivers control. Hell even a tyre blowout can cause an accident. And lets not forget Toyotas little problems recently - the drivers fault? I don't think so.

Metla
17-06-2010, 12:08 PM
So im guessing you never saw that program I mentioned...car faults do occur out of the drivers control. Hell even a tyre blowout can cause an accident. And lets not forget Toyotas little problems recently - the drivers fault? I don't think so.

Fair call, But doesn't fit in with my entrenched view.:p

Lmfao.

prefect
17-06-2010, 12:52 PM
If you want to drive pissed move to BOP. This judge wont even imprison this driver for her seventh drink drive conviction. I wonder if its the same judge that didnt imprison chick for smashing up innocent person.
http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/local/news/convicted-7th-time-for-drink-driving-no-jail/3915671/
I wonder how many before he thinks its an option maybe 10 or more I dont know.
This judge needs to be fired and get his mental health issues sorted out.

prefect
17-06-2010, 01:36 PM
I think they like the sympathy from people who are sucked in to the bleeding heart story. If you feel so sorry for her Prefect - write out a large cheque for her to make her feel better.

Dont have enough much money, pretty broke these days but my companies charity is now:
//www.freegaza.org/ perhaps you could give them some of your money

Cato
17-06-2010, 04:26 PM
"It was her fourth driving offence."

RTFA!

I have 4 driving offences - speeding offences... Were any of her's for drunk driving? I don't know.

Wolf, dude... Sure accidents happen, it's an accident if it was an accident, driving drunk isn't an accident.
It's like saying, I accidentally got drunk, accidentally decided to go to Maccas, accidentally cripples someone... Sh|t happens, it's just an accident.

That's not how it works, she should have gotten a much harsher sentence and disqualified for driving for life, simple as that. At the very least, send her off to the jail house for those 9 months.

Mr Wild also suffered a foot injury in the accident. He was forced out of work for two weeks and had to move out of his flat to live with his parents due to lost income.
Because his car was not insured, he had to walk two hours to work.
I think Mr Wild is an asshat. If you don't work for two weeks you have to move back to your parents' place? Really? I can't see it happening. That's victim whining for no reason.
Oh and after his foot injury he could walk for two hours to work? I guess he is totally friendless and can't get a ride from anyone, nor can he use the bus... Yeah... Life is hard on all of us.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that some people must be shot.

prefect
17-06-2010, 05:53 PM
If the offences are go to courtable it does not matter if they arent all DUI.
She is a shocking driver and shouldnt be behind the wheel.

Twelvevolts
17-06-2010, 08:40 PM
I've noted a few things about the sensible sentencing types who promote filling the jails of late.

1. The are often unemployed or sickness beneficiaries, or have a low income.
2. If they work, they've normally got a grievance with ACC, Inland Revenue or some other agency that they think has treated them badly in some way.
3. They often had a few scrapes with the law themselves when growing up and have some kind of thing against the Police.
4. They were sorted out by some kind of biff around the ear type experience, which of course never did them any harm.
5. They generally view the world as victims of various injustices.

Having had my family be a victim of crime several times in the last few years, I can vouch that the initial reaction is anger. But turning yourself into a victim is about the worst way to get on with your life. What happens to the perpetrator doesn't change how well you recover from a crime, in fact dwelling on any injustice in life probably hinders you moving on and empowering yourself.

Indeed meeting the offender and expressing your feelings about the offence is often the most therapeutic thing you can do, and studies have shown that people who do this generally are less punitive in what they want the outcome to be than the Judges. A prison sentence for the offender can never put things right if you got injured, but your best bet is still not to let whatever the sentence the offender gets dictate how you rehabilitate yourself.

Successful people it seems bounce back from whatever life throws at them including being victims of crime. We all suffer from injustices in one form or another, some people don't let them go and suffer and some people get on with life and thrive.

Sweep
17-06-2010, 08:53 PM
I've noticed one thing about your last post Twelvevolts. It seems full of generalisation.

--Wolf--
17-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Cato never meant to say this particular 'incident' was an accident, I agree it wasn't and I do hate drink drivers, was more referring to Meltas posts.

Funniest part was she only got 100m, unsure if that was the alcohol or the sex of the driver ;)

Imagine her trying to navigate the drive thru at McD haha

Still waiting for decibel and beeswaxs replies though, at least Cato could "RTFA" ae beeswax

Metla
17-06-2010, 11:28 PM
I've noted a few things....

Yes yes yes, You alone are above all other victims, its how you deal with it.Revel in your grander, in how you have empathy for the criminals, disdain for those offended against, and contempt for all the lessor people who don't share your enlightened view.:rolleyes:

It doesn't make you clever, it makes you a smug pratt.

Twelvevolts
18-06-2010, 07:27 AM
[edited]

Oh and I forgot to say, they get hugely angry at people who disagree with them and call them liberals, politically correct etc etc.

Thanks for wishing ill of my family - kind of destroys your whole argument doesn't it.

Twelvevolts
18-06-2010, 08:06 AM
I've noticed one thing about your last post Twelvevolts. It seems full of generalisation.

Well in this case the five statements are reasonably specific, but any examination of them would easily refute them. For example I don't think any of the statements actually apply to Garth McVicar as far as I know or in fact the majority of people in the SST. However, rather than attack the obvious problem with the observations, you get the likes of Cato attacking the person with a rage that is quite remarkable.

prefect
18-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Well the sicko judges are in for a tune up when the 3 strikes policy comes in, if the crook does the same crime 3 times he cant get a reduced sentence or parole.
It would be karma for sicko liberal judges family to have some crook do to their family what the crooks do to us. Bet the sentences would start becoming real then.
But these sicko judges live in gated residences in the best part of town and have heaps of money for security. They are completely bereft of any compassion for victims.

Metla
18-06-2010, 08:37 AM
However, rather than attack the obvious problem with the observations, you get the likes of Cato attacking the person with a rage that is quite remarkable.

You believe you're above being called out as a knob?

Quite the opposite, You should expect it. In fact I'm sure its a common thread through your entire life.

Though no doubt you dismiss it as the reaction of an inferior and as the result of someone who can't deal with how awesome you're argument is, and how stupid they must now look with their cro-Magnon like thinking.

Lmfao.

Cicero
18-06-2010, 08:42 AM
The term accident,suggests being unavoidable.

You now attend a collision,not an accident,for that reason.

gary67
18-06-2010, 08:50 AM
I read the 5 points and none apply to me yet for some reason I side with Metla and Prefect on this one, accidents don't just happen

Jen
18-06-2010, 08:52 AM
This thread has degenerated into a insult fest.

Metla, there is no need to call people names - it only indicates a lack of ability to argue your point so you have to resort to insults.

Cato, you have been banned for three days. Your comments were absolutely unacceptable and nor do we tolerate threats against other members.

Thread closed. Blame the people above for spoiling it.