PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate front Speakers not working in Vista\Win7

Agent_24
15-06-2010, 11:24 AM
I have noticed this problem with both Realtek ALC850 and ALC889

In XP, when I enable 4 Channel speakers I can set the "Rear" to duplicate the "Front"

I do this because I don't have my speakers set up in a surround sound setup and one set are better for lower frequencies than the others. Playing a 2-Channel audio file works great.

Unfortunately in Vista\Win7 when trying to do the same thing it does not duplicate the front speakers, it does something and changes the audio stream going to the "Rear" speakers, resulting in the loss of vocals among other things.

How do I set it so that the same audio stream goes to both sets of speakers like in XP?

SolMiester
15-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Are you using the Realtek Control Panel software, or just using 7 default panel?

Agent_24
15-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Are you using the Realtek Control Panel software, or just using 7 default panel?

I have the Realtek program installed and have tried configuring using both methods, both seem to result in the same thing.

SolMiester
15-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Well, cant say I have ever tried to run 2 channel with 4 speakers....I'm not the most audio tech savy person really...
Only think I can think of is to use a splitter to plug both sets into the same port!