PDA

View Full Version : Compaq Wireless - Vista

berryb
14-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Have a Compaq Presario CQ45 lappy here with a wireless error. The wireless light turns blue for a few seconds when first started and before windows loads but stays orange from then on. In Windows Vista HP wireless assistant says it is disabled. I uninstalled the assistant but this didn't help. The wireless light just stays orange and never changes to blue (connected). No spyware etc been found on it.

I setup a printer on this a while back and the wireless did the same thing then. I uninstalled the printer drivers and software and wireless worked so just re installed the printer driver with no software and all good. I have uninstalled again but no luck (not that the printer software should cause this).

I have backed up user data and about to format and re install but thought I'd ask here before I do this. If a re install doesn't fix it then the wireless must be dead and I'll use a usb dongle.

berryb
16-06-2010, 12:55 PM
FYI
OK I formatted and reinstalled and wireless back working again. Must have been a software issue somewhere.