13-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Security Penetration Consultant
Listing #: 296520897
Advertisement
Type: Full time, Permanent
Pay and benefits: Market Leading Salary
Listed: Sat, 12 Jun
Your reference #: JJASSESS
My client is one of the worlds leading IT security research companies. Their expertise is used by many of the world's leading companies, IT vendors, government agencies and the wider IT Security community. As part of their many services they provide Vulnerability Assessments, Web Application and Penetration Tests to global enterprise companies.
They are seeking due to commercial demand an application penetration tester (Hacker) to provide vunerability assessment for their customers. You role will be to penetrate into organizations, assess them and build a plan moving forward for their protection. You will be working in a team of 6 of the best security penetrators in Asia Pacific region and as you develop your skills you will be work to provide this information to the wider security community so becoming a subject matter expert.
Who are you? First you will be clever, gutsy and fearless, creative, good written skills and you may also have some development skills. You may not have commercial experience but you will have many pet projects that you will have done from home. This is not something that a CEH person can do, not unless you have a lot more to offer. This is about skill, personality, complex problem solving and eye for detail. You could be a developer who does this as a hobby but why not do something you love and get very highly paid for it. If you have the skills apply or send your CV to john@fuse.net.nz and I will get back to you asap.

follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/FuseitRecruit

somebody
13-06-2010, 04:25 PM
This sounds like (and I'm just speculating here) KPMG, as they provide services in this field as part of their Risk Advisory Services division. They have staff around the country who are contracted to conduct security audits for private and public sector organisations, one component of which is penetration testing - "hacking" into networks, applications, websites, and so on.

Renmoo
13-06-2010, 05:02 PM
http://fuse.net.nz/jobs/

somebody
13-06-2010, 05:07 PM
http://fuse.net.nz/jobs/

Fuse is a recruitment company.

Renmoo
13-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Fuse is a recruitment company.
Yup. Was just pointing out where the advertisement was coming from :)

somebody
13-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Yup. Was just pointing out where the advertisement was coming from :)

Oh right - sorry.

Jen
13-06-2010, 08:41 PM
You may not have commercial experience but you will have many pet projects that you will have done from home. ... without being a) incriminated, or b) currently serving time for said hobbies. :waughh:

hueybot3000
14-06-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't think it's that rare, I talked to a guy once who had a similar job, and I think one of Chilling_Silence's mates did something similar? Or knew someone?

Gobe1
15-06-2010, 02:52 PM
I cant understand how they can be allowed to hack and get away with it... thats like breaking into someones house and then coming back later to sell them security

KarameaDave
15-06-2010, 02:55 PM
It takes a thief, to catch a thief, is the rationale, I believe.

Gobe1
15-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Yes and generally these guys are the best in the business, i think it is extortion

johcar
15-06-2010, 03:59 PM
As I understand it, it isn't a "hack, then sell security" situation.

More like a corporate approaching a security firm and asking them to try to hack their environment to test their existing defenses. If the defenses fail, the hacker does no harm, just reports it and then the sales pitch starts....

somebody
15-06-2010, 05:40 PM
As I understand it, it isn't a "hack, then sell security" situation.

More like a corporate approaching a security firm and asking them to try to hack their environment to test their existing defenses. If the defenses fail, the hacker does no harm, just reports it and then the sales pitch starts....

The company I mentioned does "penetration testing" as part of security audits which they have been asked to do. Their clients sign contracts to say "we give permission for xyz to attempt to break into our network", or something to that extent, before any work begins.

Renmoo
15-06-2010, 06:36 PM
I cant understand how they can be allowed to hack and get away with it... thats like breaking into someones house and then coming back later to sell them security
You role will be to penetrate into organizations, assess them and build a plan moving forward for their protection.

As per first post.