PDA

View Full Version : Dedicate GEFORCE more ram

27-08-2001, 06:48 PM
Hi,
Is there any way of dedicating my Geforce 2 MX graphics card more ram? Or does the options within its settings do that anyway? Perhaps a line in my system.ini? I now have 384megs of 133mhz sdram, some surplus for winME, and want to add another 32meg or so to my 32meg card. Is this worth doing? Running 900mhz athlon.

Thanks in advance

27-08-2001, 10:05 PM
The ram on the Geforce is seperate and different to your system ram.

Only the crap integrated chipsets use system memory as it is too slow for good graphics.

I don't know if your geforce board supports adding more memory, it depends on the maker, but the graphics ram will be expensive.

You can still allocate a larger AGP arperature, which is in your bios. This is system memory that can be used to hold textures, try 256MB as only half the allocated amount can be used.

28-08-2001, 11:09 PM
maximum agp aperture I can have is 128. So I take it its simply not worth what im trying to do here. I wanted just maybe a system ini line that buffered the graphics slot with another 32 or so megs of ram.
I have done this with my modem, dedicated a meg of ram to it (whether its worth it i dont know) and simply used com3, what would i call my agp slot??

thanks