PDA

View Full Version : Sonny Bill Williams for the ABs

ronyville
10-06-2010, 02:35 PM
I do watch rugby a bit but have never seen him in action, with all the hype thats been going on in the news, makes me ask the question whether the ABs world cup win rest alone on the involvement of this one player into the squad. No SBW mean no win???? What do some of our rugby enthusiastics on this forum think?

Speedy Gonzales
10-06-2010, 03:06 PM
He used to play rugby league, which is probably why you've never seen him (if you dont watch league). IMO, the more nationalities they put in any sport, the better off they'll be. ie: The warriors were pretty crappy (but now, coz most of the players were / are from overseas), they're actually playing better

nofam
10-06-2010, 03:44 PM
I do watch rugby a bit but have never seen him in action, with all the hype thats been going on in the news, makes me ask the question whether the ABs world cup win rest alone on the involvement of this one player into the squad. No SBW mean no win???? What do some of our rugby enthusiastics on this forum think?

In terms of raw, natural-born talent, SBW is probably the most oval-ball code player we've produced since Jeff Wilson; how that translates to success on the field is an entirely different matter, as so much of what makes top athletes is mental. From what I've seen, he's a bit immature, and may not fit into the All Black structure that well.

But he has the potential to be phenomenal; he's got that rangy build with long arms, a great physique with explosive power, but he also has great balance, pace and vision, all of which makes him very versatile. I suspect that why they're keen to try him in Rugby Sevens for a bit.

Ultimately, it all comes down to a willingness to blend his individual brilliance into a team framework, take advice from coaches, and stick at when he doesn't instantly succeed.

:2cents:

allblack
10-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Attitude.

And his is crap.

And we have Weepu as our No.2 kicker.

Aus / S.A Final. Aus to win.

kenj
10-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Attitude.

And his is crap.

And we have Weepu as our No.2 kicker.