PDA

View Full Version : Diablo II LOD

ManUFan
10-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Ok now I know DII LOD is a very old game - but it's still very enjoyable (well to me anyway).

Ok so I have bought a new 22 inch WS Monitor and the graphics are rubbish (to say the least). I can run the game in a window (and maximise this with the 1.13 patch), but what I want to do is play fullscreen with the correct aspect ratio.

Has any one managed to do this??

Am running Win7 Home Premium, CPU= i5 750 Quad, 4GB RAM, Video = GT240 (1GB)

Speedy Gonzales
10-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Post the ? in Blizzard's forum, if they've got one

Renmoo
10-06-2010, 01:29 PM
When you described the graphics as "rubbish", did you mean the game appears to be pixelated when run?

And yeah, I would recommend you posting the same query on the Blizzard website.

ManUFan
10-06-2010, 01:37 PM
When you described the graphics as "rubbish", did you mean the game appears to be pixelated when run?

And yeah, I would recommend you posting the same query on the Blizzard website.

Yeah - pixelated (stretched from 800x600 to 1920x1080).

I have found a mod that is supposed to allow for higher resolutions so might try that (alto I am always suspicious and don't like putting 'strange' stuff on my PC!)

have looked through the Blizzard forums and not much help. Will post sumthing there as well.

Cheers - looks like I might just have to live with it (could always sit across the other side of the room! :lol: )

pctek
10-06-2010, 03:33 PM
http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/85390-diablo-2-resolution.html

ManUFan
11-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Ended up using the Nvidia Control Panel and set the scaling option to Nvidia with maintain aspect ratio (or something like that) rather than let the monitor do the scaling (which did not keep the correct aspect ratio).

No longer stretches to fill the whole screen, but have black bands either side of the stretched graphics. This has made it playable (even if a scaled up 800x600 --> 1453x1080 does look a bit chunky).

Anyway, in short I'm happy enough now....

At least until Blizzard FINALLY release DIII!!!! (for a gazillion $$$ no doubt!)