PDA

View Full Version : latest MS downloads help

Arnie
09-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I have downloaded the latest updates 18 for my comp.

Turned off the comp. early this afternoon Comp said it was installing new downloads, returned this evening to find comp. still on and stuck on 4 of 18.

What do I do? restart comp. or what? I think download 4 related to MS office 2003!!!:badpc::badpc::help:

Sweep
09-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I just downloaded the updates for mine. Which worked fine.

And installed which also worked fine.

Why was the PC turned off while installing? And why is the computer still on if it was turned off?

More info needed.

Arnie
09-06-2010, 08:54 PM
I just downloaded the updates for mine. Which worked fine.

And installed which also worked fine.

Why was the PC turned off while installing? And why is the computer still on if it was turned off?

More info needed.

When one presses "start" "turn off" the computer then says "installing downloads do not turn off or unplug PC it will turn off automatically" It has got to download 4 and no further, just continues to tell me not to turn off etc.

Will pressing "restart" do any harm???

Terry Porritt
09-06-2010, 08:59 PM

Try it and find out, show the beast who is master :lol:

Sweep
09-06-2010, 09:02 PM
When one presses "start" "turn off" the computer then says "installing downloads do not turn off or unplug PC it will turn off automatically" It has got to download 4 and no further, just continues to tell me not to turn off etc.

So you did not turn it off then.

Arnie
10-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Sweep just left it and went to bed and overnight it sorted installed and switched itself off, so all is sweet.

It "only" took 18 hours to do so.:thanks:badpc: