PDA

View Full Version : 32bit exe file's

27-08-2001, 12:08 PM
I am running a small system with Win 2000 Prof, all the 32bit Exe files keep getting corrupted on all installed software even after reformating. a VIRUS scan shows nothing even using the house call over the net, I am at a loss as I cant find a Solution can anyone help me.

27-08-2001, 10:02 PM
Want to tell us more:-

What hardware?

What operating system?

What 32 exes are being corrupted and how do you know?

It sounds to me (so far) like a faulty power supply.. Faulty RAM.. or maybe the hard drive is on the way out.

Help us to help you. Tell us more.

27-08-2001, 10:13 PM
Also check any utilities, eg virus scan work with win2k, i'm not sure but if it blocks all of them, but older utils could be causing it.

28-08-2001, 04:47 PM
What do you mean 'corrupted'?

Do you mean the OS refuses to run them with a warning that they are not valid executables?

Or do you mean that whenever you try to run a program you get a warning that <some_name>.exe cannot be found and the program you were trying to run does not start?

Both are common effects of viruses, but due to quite different issues.

30-08-2001, 01:47 PM
thank you for your reply, when I try to run to run a Program it states that the exe file or some component of it is missing or corrupted and then refuses to start, It does this with all program exe file as well as window 2000 pro files, We run Trend Micro Pccillin 2000 with latest update and latest scan engine.
All software is Original copies and legitimate

Our system is a 12mth old HP Pavilion 600mhz with 256M ram, cd writer, otherwise standard Hp

30-08-2001, 01:53 PM
thank you for your reply, when I try to run to run a Program it states that the exe file or some component of it is missing or corrupted and then refuses to start, It does this with all program exe file as well as window 2000 pro files, We run Trend Micro Pccillin 2000 with latest update and latest scan engine. All software is Original copies and legitimate
Our system is a 12mth old HP Pavilion 600mhz with 256M ram, cd writer, otherwise standard Hp