PDA

View Full Version : HELP! iPod Problems

jd2759
02-06-2010, 10:19 PM
My iPod touch ran out of battery and now when I turn it back on it says I need to connect to iTunes. Has all my hours and GBs of data gone?, or is there an easy fix? Ive tried resetting it but still it comes up with the connect to iTunes picture.:help:

nedkelly
02-06-2010, 10:26 PM
what kind of ipod?

GameJunkie
02-06-2010, 10:27 PM
My iPod touch ran out of battery and now when I turn it back on it says I need to connect to iTunes. Has all my hours and GBs of data gone?, or is there an easy fix? Ive tried resetting it but still it comes up with the connect to iTunes picture.:help:

you need to charge it.....

jd2759
02-06-2010, 10:29 PM
its an ipod touch and its fully charged

GameJunkie
02-06-2010, 10:35 PM
so have you connected it to your computer?

i would take it back to where you brought it from.

nedkelly
02-06-2010, 10:36 PM
http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/

jd2759
02-06-2010, 10:36 PM
is there any way to get the data?

Taurus
02-06-2010, 10:38 PM
I have 8gb Ipod Touch which has not been used for a year. It said I need to connect to iTunes to restore/reset. It downloaded the latest software and installed. After a couple of minutes it reported error 1604. Had tried it on 3 different computers, including a Mac but futile. The internet has several suggestions to counter this problem but none of them works in my case. Called Apple and they think it might be able to be repaired. Checked with Totally Mac on their website. After entering the serial number, it indicated it cannot be repaired.

I would love to hear from anyone who has encountered this problem or manged to resolve issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Speedy Gonzales
02-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Is Norton Internet Security installed?? According to this site (http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=214729) this can cause that error 1604. If its running kill it. Then try again. If youre using 7.5.x update it to the latest version then try again

nedkelly
02-06-2010, 11:03 PM
My link is a program to get the data off

gary67
03-06-2010, 06:42 AM
So Apple toys just work?

limepile
03-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Is this a jailbroken touch?

There are a number of problems associated with jailbroken touches and iPhones, the inability to restore is one.

Try to find a firmware update on-line ( shoudn't be too hard ), and if I remember correctly, if you do a reset you'll lose data.

Apple toys usually just work, and work well, unless you hit them with a hammer, drop them in water or fart around with the OS...

Taurus
04-06-2010, 02:12 PM
What is a jailbroken itouch? I have downloaded a software for jailbroken touch. It resets the iPod Touch and still needs to link to iTunes for firmware and software updates. But it still report Error 1604. I have disable anti-virus on 2 windows notebooks that I have used when it was doing its updates but still no hope. I tried it on my iMac, it still reports the same problem. Losing the data is not a problem but getting the iPod Touch to install updates is the issue here. iTunes indicates that it is installing the software after downloading then it hangs for a couple of minutes before reporting the Error 1604. I can't proceed any further. Someone wants to charge at least NZD 150+ but no guarantee it can be repaired.

dagangsta
04-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi,
Have you jailbroken. It must be tethered. I suggest you get 'Blackra1n and rejailbreak. You wont lose any data. I have done it. If it's not in "DFU" mode then restore with i tunes and you wont lose any data.

If not you will have to re-format it and then put it in 'DFU' mode and then install new firmware.
My one has run out of battery and now I cannot do anything. Gives errors when trying to restore. I am sending it to Totally Mac.com. It's under warrenty so it should be alright.

Hopefully you can jailbreak with blackra1n and have it jailbroken. Then backup data and restore with itunes.

jd2759
04-06-2010, 08:25 PM
its not jail broken and http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/ dosent work on ipod touchs

Taurus
04-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Have not jail broken it. Used Blackra1n. Error - Blackra1n quit unexpectedly. Tried Spirit and Yamipod - both unable to detect iPod touch.