PDA

View Full Version : paradise phishing attack????

theother1
31-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Over the weekend I have had two emails which appear to be aimed at paradise subscribers which warn about spam attacks and request that you visit a "secure link" to reregister your account.
The second one seems to refer to the first one and is almost believable.
Anyone else been hit?

PinoyKiw
31-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Sitting next to me having a coffee is a Paradise customer and she hasn't seen the email you mentioned.

There has been a run of similiar emails aimed at iNet and Snap customers lately though, some have the attachment included, some have a link to a zip file, all promote that your email settings have been changed or that unauthorised access has been detected urging you to run the file to fix the issue.

My wife uses facebook has had several emails over the weekend suggesting that she has been locked out of her account and to confirm her user name and password to get her account unlocked.

wainuitech
31-05-2010, 01:34 PM
No Problems here - our main Email is with paradise - only two normal Spam in the spam folder in Web mail as well, just the normal "send you details to help some poor person etc"

Pato
31-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Been with Paradise for a long time and have had no such messages but thanks for the alert. Cheers.

martynz
31-05-2010, 10:57 PM
I've had 2 within the last few days.
And thats not the first time.