PDA

View Full Version : TVOne 6pm News

Zippity
26-05-2010, 10:39 AM
What is the function of the button or switch that Wendy P reaches across to activate in front of her co-host.

If it is so important, why isn't the button/switch placed in front of her?

Her "secretive" body movement just as the camera cuts back to the news desk, annoys the hell out of me :(

Hitech
26-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Me thinks that button is to scroll down the autocue which the presenters have control of now days.

WalOne
26-05-2010, 11:18 AM
I agree, it looks awkward. Why not give them a button each?

But what gets to me is when they perform their synchronised twist to the right to focus attentively at what in reality is probably a blank wall, although it shows on our screens as a giant video display. The whole presentation is too wooden and contrived. Grrr.

:annoyed:

kenj
26-05-2010, 11:22 AM
It is a Lucas "Instant Self Gratification Button" that she presses. You can tell by the look on the co-hosts face...."my turn :drool "

Ken :)

Zippity
26-05-2010, 12:04 PM
But he never gets his turn :( :( :(

Hitech
26-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Maybe its a button for her vibrator under her seat lol

Roscoe
26-05-2010, 12:27 PM
But what gets to me is when they perform their synchronised twist to the right to focus attentively at what in reality is probably a blank wall, although it shows on our screens as a giant video display. The whole presentation is too wooden and contrived. Grrr.

:annoyed:

I too, think that contrived right turn is silly. And they are, as you say, looking at a blank green wall. They use a process called Chroma Key where everything green is replaced by the picture we see.

The subject needs to be well lit otherwise the equipment has difficulty distinguishing where the subject ends and the background (the picture replacing the green screen) begins. In the early days the lighting was often poor and there was jaggered edges around the subject.

It is also used extensively in the weather. You will note when the presenter is, seemingly, looking toward the map, they are, in fact, looking toward a monitor so they can see where they are putting their hands.

Note that they sometimes appear to hold a remote to change the map.

A similar process, called matte, is used in film.

mikebartnz
26-05-2010, 08:24 PM
What gets me is the stupid on site reporters where they add absolutely nothing to the subject.

feersumendjinn
26-05-2010, 09:23 PM
What gets me is the stupid on-site reporters where they add absolutely nothing to the subject.
And start spouting their opinions, which are of no interest to me (or anyone?).

R2x1
26-05-2010, 09:31 PM
They are being TV personalities, which is what you do after flunking parking building attendant classes. Next, they will go into politics.

Gordna
26-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Or front an investment company...

Zippity
26-05-2010, 11:49 PM
How about tonight's Breaking News at 6.00pm?

Something about an anti-whaling activist pleading guilty to some of the charges laid against him when he goes on trial in Tokyo tomorrow.

Big freakin' deal. Who gives a damn about a pirate?

Talk about generating "news".

What a load of BS :( :(

Metla
26-05-2010, 11:52 PM
She has been looking damn hot recently.:thumbs:

Metla
26-05-2010, 11:56 PM

It could be worse, One of the main headlines on stuff.co.nz is about facebook settings.

I kid you not.

Also they have managed to publish an article about some girl who has absolutely nothing to do with a movie they are also writing about and put it over as a news story.

They should call their site fluff.co.nz

prefect
27-05-2010, 12:03 AM
I think the anti whaling guy is a hero, anyone who tries to stop the japs killing whales in Antarctica is ok by me.
The japs are still casing us problems even though they surrendered a while ago.

Alex B
27-05-2010, 01:11 AM
How about tonight's Breaking News at 6.00pm?

Something about an anti-whaling activist pleading guilty to some of the charges laid against him when he goes on trial in Tokyo tomorrow.

Big freakin' deal. Who gives a damn about a pirate?

Was more interested in the smoking baby tbh.

Digby
27-05-2010, 09:04 AM
What about on tv 3 where they have a big screen, and they strand by it and press an area on it to change to the next story !
That looks so lame !
Why cant they use a remote like the weather people do.

(I still think Toni on TV3 was the best weather girl, she looks nice and cracks me up with her phrases)

Rene is nice too ! - very pretty.

Zippity
27-05-2010, 09:26 AM
The japs are still casing us problems even though they surrendered a while ago.

Keep pushing that line. One day someone may believe you :(