PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Xtra webmail

user
25-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Recently, I have had problems with accessing webmail on the Xtra site. I can see my emails and can usually open the items in the Inbox, however, I can't do actions such as delete emails or even see the contents of the other folders.

Changing browsers does not help. It occurs with FF, IE and Opera. I thought it may be a problem with Java so I updated this and it seemed to overcome the problem but only for a few days. The problem does not occur when using either of my laptops on the wireless.

I am thinking it is a minor problem but need help with suggestions please.

robbyp
25-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Recently, I have had problems with accessing webmail on the Xtra site. I can see my emails and can usually open the items in the Inbox, however, I can't do actions such as delete emails or even see the contents of the other folders.

Changing browsers does not help. It occurs with FF, IE and Opera. I thought it may be a problem with Java so I updated this and it seemed to overcome the problem but only for a few days. The problem does not occur when using either of my laptops on the wireless.

I am thinking it is a minor problem but need help with suggestions please.

Have you contacted xtra? They would be the best ones to help as they know their systems, and you are paying them to help you.

user
25-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Like I say above, it is not a problem with Xtra, it is a setting on my computer. It is not up to the helpdesk to help with a software problem that is no fault of theirs.

Sweep
25-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Like I say above, it is not a problem with Xtra, it is a setting on my computer. It is not up to the helpdesk to help with a software problem that is no fault of theirs.

What makes you think it is a setting on your computer?

coldot
25-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Maybe he thinks it's a problem with his computer because it doesn't occur on his two laptops. That's a pretty good reason.

Sweep
25-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Maybe he thinks it's a problem with his computer because it doesn't occur on his two laptops. That's a pretty good reason.

It may be a good reason but then ( in this thread ) where does it say that it does not occur on his two laptops?

Agent_24
25-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Have you tried clearing out your temporary internet files?

Or try loading the page then press Ctrl+F5 to force a full refresh

It may be a good reason but then ( in this thread ) where does it say that it does not occur on his two laptops?

In his first post, if you read it carefully

Sweep
25-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Have you tried clearing out your temporary internet files?

Or try loading the page then press Ctrl+F5 to force a full refresh

In his first post, if you read it carefully

Correct. I got as far as the OP having used three browsers.:waughh:

user
25-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Oh dear, it has suddenly come right again but for how long? Running OK in all 3 browsers.

I didn't have a chance to try any suggestions of refreshing the page but I doubt it would have made any difference. I always refresh the Xtra site since the browsers open the page with the previous time the page was open and I always need to refresh it anyway.

Here's hoping no further problems occur although it would be nice if someone could suggest what might be causing the problem with all the browsers...

Agent_24
25-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Maybe that particular machine was have an issue with its network connection? I've had Xtramail do weird things to me when the connection was bad\slow

user
26-05-2010, 09:10 AM
No Agent, it has been going on for weeks now. It is definitely not a network problem. I have no issues in connecting to any other site, including Gmail and my work emails.

kjaada
26-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Have seen a very similar problem and the cause was a conflict between MSSE and Nod.

user
31-05-2010, 09:31 PM
I may have found the problem for anyone interested - it may occur with other users who use Avast. I stopped my 'web shield' option in Avast and I can now access my email as normal. Hopefully this is the cause of the problem and not simply a coincidence although it has behaved itself for some days now.

I never used to have the problem when I used AVG but since that has now become a problem, I have changed recently to Avast.

Sweep
31-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I was interested and I thank you taking the time to post your solution.

kjaada
01-06-2010, 09:08 AM
I was interested and I thank you taking the time to post your solution.
I 2ND that