PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Wifi

Pato
22-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Have just purchased an Ipod Touch 32GB. I don't have Wifi at present but does anyone know what the WiFi range is please.?

GameJunkie
22-05-2010, 03:58 PM
i got the 64GB version , im on the second story of my house and it connects fine

Pato
22-05-2010, 04:13 PM
i got the 64GB version , im on the second story of my house and it connects fineSo if I can find a free WiFi like a coffee bar or the likes I should be able to test it without having to adjust any settings in the Ipod.? I have a cable router at present so it looks as tho' I will have to get myself a wireless router.

GameJunkie
22-05-2010, 04:23 PM
you go into settings, wifi, then it should bring up a list of availiable wireless networks, type in password if necessary

Pato
22-05-2010, 04:28 PM
you go into settings, wifi, then it should bring up a list of availiable wireless networks, type in password if necessarySo how do you get a password if you are in a well known coffee franchise.?

Speedy Gonzales
22-05-2010, 04:33 PM
If its free you probably wont need one. If you need one, ask

Pato
22-05-2010, 04:55 PM
If its free you probably wont need one. If you need one, askOIC. Thanks for the advice. As you can see I am new to this WiFi but am learning fast.
I presume if I get a wireless router to replace my present Cable/DSL I will need a card or some sort in my home PC's.?

wainuitech
22-05-2010, 05:51 PM
No, Most wireless routers have 4 x Ethernet ports as well as the wireless.

Pato
22-05-2010, 06:07 PM
No, Most wireless routers have 4 x Ethernet ports as well as the wireless.OIC. Any recommendations or are they all much of a muchness.?

jonathan
22-05-2010, 06:41 PM
you go into settings, wifi, then it should bring up a list of availiable wireless networks, type in password if necessary

Actually, there are some apps you can get that show more wifi networks than the settings app does, and also some hidden networks.

But, the iPod's range is actually very good. When I was in Las Vegas, and I connected my iPod to the hotel's wifi in the lobby, I was able to travel through 2 lifts, and go up about 10 stories before the wifi eventually cut out. So, yeah. it's pretty good.

Pato
22-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Actually, there are some apps you can get that show more wifi networks than the settings app does, and also some hidden networks.

But, the iPod's range is actually very good. When I was in Las Vegas, and I connected my iPod to the hotel's wifi in the lobby, I was able to travel through 2 lifts, and go up about 10 stories before the wifi eventually cut out. So, yeah. it's pretty good.Thats interesting. Do you know what these apps are.?
I am still finding my way around the Ipod so am interested in what I can do with it.

Speedy Gonzales
22-05-2010, 06:56 PM
What version of windows is installed at the mo? If youre using Win7, you could install connectify

Pato
22-05-2010, 08:32 PM
What version of windows is installed at the mo? If youre using Win7, you could install connectifyI am sticking with XP at present.

Speedy Gonzales
22-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Thats too bad. Win7 / connectify would have saved you buying a router. Since, it acts as a hotspot.

jonathan
23-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Thats interesting. Do you know what these apps are.?
I am still finding my way around the Ipod so am interested in what I can do with it.

Just search "wifi on the app store, it will come up with a few.