PDA

View Full Version : Anti Virus Name

alancorner
21-05-2010, 06:26 PM
When I receive Emails sometimes the name of the Anti virus scanner is at the end of the page does Norton not do this? :waughh:

Speedy Gonzales
21-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Dont think anyone will know, since noone uses Nortons

feersumendjinn
21-05-2010, 06:57 PM
I do :clap
Norton Internet Security '09 doesn't (cant be set to do so either) add comments to emails (it checks incoming/outgoing though), dunno about '10.

pctek
21-05-2010, 09:02 PM
When I receive Emails sometimes the name of the Anti virus scanner is at the end of the page does Norton not do this? :waughh:

Nortons doesn't even detect viruses......

KarameaDave
21-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Lucky if it runs at all, most of the time....

alancorner
23-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Mine does perfectly always has done and never had a virus in 7 years!!!:D

wainuitech
23-05-2010, 12:14 PM
never had a virus in 7 years!!! Possible, but also none that you know about.

Seen more times than I care to remember the number of times Norton said a system is clean,when in fact its simply because Norton doesn't detect them.

Roger Hunt
23-05-2010, 02:50 PM
You mean its never found one in 7 years

PinoyKiw
23-05-2010, 03:41 PM

Some AV programs have the option of adding a sig to the out going scanned mail. I beleive that AVG add's a sig, you may also see a sig if NOD32 is the senders AV choice. Others probably do it as well.

pctek
23-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Seen more times than I care to remember the number of times Norton said a system is clean,when in fact its simply because Norton doesn't detect them.

Nortons often says it's clean when the system is so bogged down it crawls and theirs crap all over the screen announcing to you that it's infected.

Strommer
23-05-2010, 04:08 PM

The best thing you can do to your computer is to get rid of :yuck: Nortons. :yuck:

Sweep
23-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Hmmmm. Going by post #6 I suspect that the OP does not have Nortons.

sroby
24-05-2010, 03:56 PM

I went 5 years with NO AV & never got a virus.
It means nothing.

or it proves Norton is just as good as No AV :lol: :lol:

sroby
24-05-2010, 04:01 PM

Just make something up & put in in your email sig :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:
-sorry, couldnt resist

pctek
24-05-2010, 04:19 PM
I went 5 years with NO AV & never got a virus.
It means nothing.

or it proves Norton is just as good as No AV :lol: :lol:

Or it proves you had no idea what was lurking on your PC.

The smart malware doesn't make any announcements nor trash your O/S. It lurks quietly in the background doing nefarious things.

It's like sex without condoms, you don't have an infection - that you know about yet.

Agent_24
24-05-2010, 04:30 PM
How people with no Antivirus can claim they have no viruses is beyond me.

Unless they installed Windows, and then never connected the computer to any network or Internet connection and never installed anything from an outside source (CD, Floppy, USB etc) and basically kept it isolated completely - they have no idea.

Even if you DO have an Antivirus program, there still maybe something it can't detect. You're basically screwed either way.

sroby
24-05-2010, 05:21 PM
How people with no Antivirus can claim they have no viruses is beyond me.

Just of matter of being a bit savvy :drool
I do use AV now by the way. MK1 eyeball still seems to work better for email
attachments.

alancorner
02-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Just to put things into perspective, I have had Norton in its various forms for seven years it has found and cleaned many virus the computer which is used on the Internet for at least 8 hours a day has NEVER been stopped because of any virus,malware and any other form of attack so by what I read on this forum mine must be the only one!!!!!! :clap

Agent_24
02-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Yes Norton does detect many viruses but it also fails to detect a lot too.

Viruses can do more than just "stop" your computer

They can also sit there silently using your PC as a botnet "zombie" for sending out spam, doing DDoS attacks and keylogging everything you type and sending it back to the 'botmaster'

I once ended up with a keylogger on my system which Norton AV didn't notice, only when it wanted to send back all the data that the Norton Firewall picked up on it.

Even so, it wasn't a great firewall. You could easily trick it by controlling a trusted application and using that to send the data for you. Comodo on the other hand will tell you if this is happening

Sweep
02-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Just to put things into perspective, I have had Norton in its various forms for seven years it has found and cleaned many virus the computer which is used on the Internet for at least 8 hours a day has NEVER been stopped because of any virus,malware and any other form of attack so by what I read on this forum mine must be the only one!!!!!! :clap

The original post you made:-

So did you want a message saying that this email has been scanned by xyz inserted by Norton ( Symantec ) at the bottom of any emails or files YOU send or not?

If not then why ask?

goodiesguy
02-06-2010, 08:47 PM
nortons does more damage than it helps. get rid of it and install avast or MSE. you'll be amazed at how fast your computer will go