PDA

View Full Version : Can't get an answer

HHGTTG
21-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi Folks.

I registered with the forum a few days ago but despite this I find I cannot edit my User CP. I have emailed the webmaster etc. but no reply.
When I attempt to edit my CP I get a window up telling me the follows.

"HHGTTG, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "

Sweep
21-05-2010, 11:38 AM
You need ten posts to be able to edit your user details.

BBCmicro
21-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Yes Sweep is right. Here's what Jen-the-moderator said when I had the same problem:

(posted 7-5-2010 in the 'chat' forum):

Welcome to PressF1 BBCmicro.

We have put some restrictions on new members until they reach 10 posts. These restrictions are:
No access to the Private Message system
No custom signature
No profile detail edits including homepage

Once you have 10 posts, these options will open up for you (within one hour of hitting 10 posts).

New members are free to post straight away (as you can see), can upload a avatar, and change their custom title.

We do not have profile photos enabled on the forum.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

HHGTTG
21-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Well, thanks for that information. It's a pity that my emails to both mods and webmaster did not elicit an answer which would have saved me a bit of angst, as I thought that I was doing something wrong. :)

I must get posting then!!

gary67
21-05-2010, 09:20 PM
The mods both work full time elsewhere and only mod here in there own spare time, as for the webmaster who knows

Scouse
21-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Our mods are volunteers and part-timers..... patience.

HHGTTG
21-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Our mods are volunteers and part-timers..... patience.
Yes, I appreciate that and fully understand, now. Thanks.
I'm from the UK but you won't know that until I have >10 posts!!

gary67
22-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Where about's you would be surprised how many ex pats on this forum

HHGTTG
22-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Where about's you would be surprised how many ex pats on this forum
Do you mean where do I live. Well I live in the London Borough of Bromley the largest borough by area.

Jen
22-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Well, thanks for that information. It's a pity that my emails to both mods and webmaster did not elicit an answer which would have saved me a bit of angst, as I thought that I was doing something wrong. :)

I must get posting then!!Sorry you have had problems contacting someone for help. The only two Mods who work the boards are Chilling_Silence and myself - neither us has contact via email option enabled (which is why there is no email button beside our names).

I am assuming you must have emailed James or the 'pcworld' users. I will contact PCWorld and see what is happening with the email queries.

zqwerty
22-05-2010, 10:48 AM
I was born in Bromley.

gary67
22-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Do you mean where do I live. Well I live in the London Borough of Bromley the largest borough by area.

I was born just down the motorway, M20 at Ashford and spent time working around the boroughs occasionally when the building was a bit tight further down in Kent

HHGTTG
22-05-2010, 08:55 PM
I was born just down the motorway, M20 at Ashford and spent time working around the boroughs occasionally when the building was a bit tight further down in Kent
What a small world, isn't it? I was born in Bromley and have lived there since and my God you wouldn't believe how it has changed (for the worse, unfortunately).

zqwerty
23-05-2010, 12:09 AM
HHGTTG, you are in good company, David Bowie, Billy Idol and Hanish Kureshi plus the Bromley Contingent, Siouxsie Sioux and the Banshees all come from Bromley as I am sure you know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromley_Contingent

HHGTTG
23-05-2010, 02:08 AM
HHGTTG, you are in good company, David Bowie, Billy Idol and Hanish Kureshi plus the Bromley Contingent, Siouxsie Sioux and the Banshees all come from Bromley as I am sure you know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromley_Contingent
Have to claim ignorance here. I was only aware of someone called H.G.Wells. Didn't know the others came from Bromley!