PDA

View Full Version : Pops and crackles in the sound

DeSade
20-05-2010, 08:24 PM
I brought a new set of speakers for the new computer, Logitech X-530 but I am getting some pops and crackles in the sound.

I don't think its the speakers themselves because there are several in the set and the sounds are coming from all of them, unlikely that they were all faulty like that.

The issue must be in the computer but I have reinstalled the drivers 4x tried both the Realtek AC97 driver and the Intel HD Azilia driver as the motherboard supports both and the issue goes away for a evening or so but comes right back again.

Any ideas?

Speedy Gonzales
20-05-2010, 08:26 PM
There's a few models of logitech speakers that crackle (http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=x-530+crackles&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a). Including yours. Looks like this prob can happen if something nearby is malfunctioning. You'll see this in the logitech link about 1/4 down the link I posted

DeSade
20-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Might have to look into a standalone sound card.

Thanks Speedy

Speedy Gonzales
20-05-2010, 08:48 PM
No probs

DeSade
21-05-2010, 09:09 PM
I have done some more research on this and I think there is something else going on.

The posts refer to wiring in old houses and interference from that, this house is only a couple of years old.

Also when I reinstall the drivers the sound is fine for a while.

Any further ideas?

DeSade
27-05-2010, 06:51 PM
In addition to the above there IS pops and crackles with a different set of speakers.
So its not the speakers.

I reinstall the hardware sound and it works for the evening but when I go to use it again the next evening its back to sounding bad again.

I could really use some more insight on this one please.

KarameaDave
27-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Must say it is rather odd.
Have you tried to ascertain whether
some sort of interference or cross talk is
at play, reroute the cables and try turning off your fridge and such?

When you reinstall the drivers are you removing the old ones first
Driversweeper is quite good for this.
http://majorgeeks.com/Driver_Sweeper_d6171.html

DeSade
27-05-2010, 09:55 PM
I have turned off everything in the kitchen which is just through the wall and it doesn't help.
The only things going in this room are part of the computer setup.

I use ccleaner to remove the drivers.